Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wisdom teeth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wanna have my wisdom teeth out becaue I think that they are causing my other teeth to go out of place. My front teeth aren't as straight as they were several months ago. They don't hurt, but I just want them out. What do I do? I haven't got a dentist as well.

Comments

• Options
    Well the first thing i would do is to get yourself to your nearest dental practice and book an appointment.
    The only way you will know if you wisdom teeth are affecting your other teeth is to see your dentist and talk to him about it.

If you are under 18 and in full time education, unemployed or on certain benefits, you will recieve all NHS treatment for free. So there's no excuse! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and remember to visit your dentist for check-ups at least every 6 months to keep your mouth healthy. :)
  • Options
    Mine came through when I was 15, and I eventually had to have them all taken out because they were impacted. It was done quickly under local anaesthetic (no gas) and was over and done with in a few minutes. No real pain or swelling or anything. Not always a horror story.

:)
  • Options
    Register with a dentist. And then tell him/her about the problemo, they'll look and probs say yes/no. Then you get to have your teeth out.

Mine often cause problems bc the gum is still halfway on it...so it flares and goes all swollen from time to time. I just get used to it.
  • Options
    With my wisdom tooth that I've got is it starts hurting for a day then it goes away and doesn't come back for months.

I know I'm gonna have to be brave and go with it, but not yet.

I'm a scaredy cat! :o