Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Packing for uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm in the middle of packing for moving to uni on sunday and think I have too much stuff. At the moment I've got a suitcase full of clothes and shoes, a box full of candles, photoframes, books etc, a bag of stationary,a box of toiletries. How much is everyone else taking?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The university at which I study prohibits candles in rooms, and I am relatively certain that it will be the same at other institutions. Therefore, think twice about taking them.
    Yeah, if you're staying in halls I wouldn't take candles because they're not allowed!

When I went to halls I had one case of clothes, box of shoes and bags, toiletries box, knick knacks box and academic box.
    i wouldn't take candles if i were you, not only do most halls not allow them, but last year at my uni someone managed to fall asleep with one lit and set fire to her room. Luckily she got out alive
    Candles are considered a fire hazard at most HoR. I'd leave at home, or else they'll make you throw them away, which would be a waste.

I'd be more concerned about finding a place to hide empties beer cans.
    Kettles and chip pans are also considered dangerous, so are not allowed in rooms and kitchens respectively.