Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fresher finding new mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I am starting Uni next week and don't know anyone there (Manchester)... anyone going?

I just found a website that looks cool though... SNIP - you sign up to your Uni and year and it shows you who else is going. Sort of friendsreunited but for the future not the past!!

Cheers,
Ben

Comments

• Options
    Why did you choose a german domain name registration company?
  • Options
    Tell me why are you looking at the whois record and I will tell you why I used a German domain registration company!!!!
  • Options
    Hello i think...
  • Options
    Well the entire wording of the post is just like the spam ones I get all day, minus the sexy college girl web cams they keep telling me about, apparently. :D
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    They're right though, that is particularly lame spam.

:)
  • Options
    whats spam?? :confused:
  • Options
    spam is when people receive things that they don't want...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dom
    They're right though, that is particularly lame spam.

:)

ever thought his post is genuine? maybe he really wants to know who is going to uni in manchester?!
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    His post isn't genuine. He admits as much in a similar thread in Anything Goes. He isn't a student. He is the manager of the website he is plugging.

He has tried to trick users of this site in to visiting his own website.

We don't allow unsolicited advertising on these boards, whatever format it might come in. Just becuase he's being subtle doesn't make it OK.

Oh, and spam isn't "when people receive things that they don't want", it's when they receive things they didn't ask for.

Dom
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dom
    His post isn't genuine. He admits as much in a similar thread in Anything Goes. He isn't a student. He is the manager of the website he is plugging.

He has tried to trick users of this site in to visiting his own website.

We don't allow unsolicited advertising on these boards, whatever format it might come in. Just becuase he's being subtle doesn't make it OK.

Oh, and spam isn't "when people receive things that they don't want", it's when they receive things they didn't ask for.

Dom

alrite! just making sure, i had not seen other posts"