Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ne1?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
k i cut my wrist nt deep or nethn but i dnt want it to scar like it dd the lst time ( yeah i knw its stupid ) so ne tips on gettn cuts to heal with minimal scarrin?
thnx
luv
:(

Comments

• Options
    k i would try to help you, but i can't understand a thing you wrote.
  • Options
    ' k i cut my wrist nt deep or nethn but i dnt want it to scar like it dd the lst time ( yeah i knw its stupid ) so ne tips on gettn cuts to heal with minimal scarrin?
    thnx
    luv '

Does it have to be in perfect english?

Ok, I have cut my wrist, its not deep or anything but last time I did it scarred quite badly, ( and I do know cutting my wrist is stupid) So does anyone have any tips on medical stuff or anything that helps cuts heal with minimal scarring?
    Thanx
    Luv

Better?!
  • Options
    hhmm, well thanks for the translation, the first version was totally illegible :-p anyhow, i dont know of any magic creams to fade scars, but you can buy special concealers to be used on places other than your face, dunno if they work *shrugs* anyways shouldnt you find some other way of dealing with things, cutting yourself aint good :eek:
  • Options
    there are different kinds of antibiotic creams, i found that the best one to help minimize the apperance of scars is some type of triple antiboitic ointment. it comes in many different brands, all over the counter, only costs a couple of dollars, just put it on occasionally, once a day, but don't use it all the time as you can become immune to it.
  • Options
    The best way would be not to cut yourself, but failing that, just try anitbiotic creams, savlon, make sure the wound's clean.

I take it this is a "deliberrate cutting" thing, as opposed to you working in a butcher's shop?

Have you tried getting help (I know that could sound patronising - I've been in this position before).

Take care
  • Options
    Antibiotics help fight infection. You probably want something that helps promote skin growth (like Vitamin A creams? Although they seem hard to get hold of with out a prescription).

My suggestion? Go to a doctor (and may be they will help with prevention as well as cure)
  • Options
    i have been cutting myself for the past 8 and a half months and now im adding becoming an alcoholic to my problem. im in england btw. im too scared to go and see a doctor im being stupid i knw because i do need help but as i said im too scared and the scars are bad all over my arms legs and stomach.
    thanx for the help with the hidin the scars shit
    luv
  • Options
    If you are too afraid about seeing your doctor at the moment, have you tried talking to someone initially over the phone instead of face to face? It may help you build up the courage. I was once in your position and I still consider myself slightly vunerable to self harming but since I started speaking to someone I could put my problems in context and it has really helped me.

You can hide the physical scars but the ones in your head are the hardest ones to heal. You are not alone in this, there are plenty of people here who will listen and support you. Good luck xx
  • Options
    Not perfect English, but certainly English. Txt spk isnt English, k?

Anyways...I know going to see a doctor is hard, but if you are cutting and feel like you are becomign an alcoholic then there are seriious problems in your life. Depression is an illness like any other, so try to pluck up the courage and get professionasl mediacl help. You wont have anything to worry about if your doctor is half as good as mine:)

Cutting is bad, its ugly, and its not nice. I hate myself for doing it, and the whole of my upper arm and chest is covered in thick red welts where the scars are raised. It looks disgusting. I havrnt done iyt for a while, I was put on Prozac, and Im still on it. Its dont me good but getting help is the only way to, well, get help. try talking to a friend if a doctor is still too daunting, or try to see a counsellor at school or uni.
  • Options
    neosporin (i don't know how to spell it) it is an antibotic cream and it also reduces the apperance of scars, seriously.

and yea, get help, already you are trying by even admiting that you have these problems. when you tell people it is either a cry for help or attention.
  • Options
    I know that I need help but my doctor is a complete bastard and I would have to tell my parents, as the surgery is in a village near to mine and I would have no other way to get there or no other reason for going to the village.A few of my friends know and that seems to be helping but I think I'm just making things worse for them because they know about and are trying to get me to go to see a doctor but I'm a stubborn bitch and won't. I did try emailing the samaritans but stopped that.
    Thanx for all your help
    Luv
  • Options
    Covering up the scars or helping them to heal quicker isn't going to solve the underlying problem. Try calling the Bristol Crisis Centre for Women, they are 100% confidential and experts in helping people who self-harm. The number is at the bottom of the factsheet I already gave you.

Kermit's advice is very good, he knows what he's talking about.
  • Options
    Don't cut your wrist because you'll end up witha paralysed hand by the time you're 30.
  • Options
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Don't cut your wrist because you'll end up witha paralysed hand by the time you're 30.

Better than having a paralysed brain like you appear to have.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    Kermit's advice is very good, he knows what he's talking about.

*blushes*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Does it have to be in perfect english?

Yes, dear. If you read the FAQ's on this site, it says no "text talk" which doesn't even come near to not even being perfect English ... :D
  • Options
    Ok I never read the FAQ for the site, so sorry for intial denseness with the message, I've just got into the bad habit thanx to MSN of never typing properly! Anyway thank you all for your help, I still don't know what to do :confused: but you've given me some more options to think about.;)
  • Options
    I cut my damned finger about 1/2" deep trying to make dinner for my damned friends last week. Hurt like a bitch. By the time I ran to the sink, my other hand was full of blood. I freaked. Never seen myself bleed that much. Scary shit. I'm over it.

Pointless, I know.

Oh yeah, I did have an answer - if you don't want a scar, use Neosporin/Bacitracin or something like it. I've been carrying Neosporin in my pocket and reapplying it to my finger every couple of hours. It's healing well now.
  • Options
    :( erm.....hi again everyone.i think the cut has got infected. Its really red and really sore,damn hard trying to write at school we its killing like shit and hide from all your friends. Ok anyway I did actually have a point to this message right I know the cut will heal, just take a bit longer but does anyone know if its gonna cause anymore damage than say a cut on your arm coz im kinda worried?!:confused:
    Thanx
    Luv
  • Options
    ok, you should have been putting an antiseptic cream on it anyways, but definately put some on now - Savlon or something, most homes have something like it, and i would go and see a doctor about the cut. Does your school have a nurse or someone you can see? Cos even if you don't want to talk about the fact that you self harm, if it's infected you should get it checked out, because it is much more likely to scar.
  • Options
    it actually looks like a suicide attempt.i was putting savlon on it but ...i dont know it really hurts:(i don't think my school has a nurse, tho iv been there erm...4yrs so i should know! there is no chance of my going to see my doctor.i really can't stand doctors.i know that sounds stupid but it's the truth.And anway my doctor would know its self harm cz my arms so really scarred an i cut my arm up bad the other day so it looks even worse atm.
    thnx