Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

An Urge For Exercise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay...this is a very random topic, but anyway...Im not a very sporty person, but sometimes i get these sudden urges to go for really long walks. Its normally when im feeling down and confused. I just start walking and dont stop for ages. How wierd is that!? :rolleyes: Sometimes i even walk several miles! :eek: I really scare myself sometimes...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's ok. Don't worry.
    I do so myself, when I am worried/bored/down... Generally when I am not feeling too well mentally.
    It annoys people to see me wander around. As I will sometimes stay and walking around home. From room to room, or back and forth in the hallway. But it calms me down, or just let me get the energy out, so I can't stand still.

And you should just be happy that you don't get the bad energy out in various other ways, which are nowhere near healthy mentally or physically :)
    Don't worry about it.
    Walking gives you the chance to think over what you're feeling and gives you time to come to decisions.

It is just your way of dealig with issues. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
    I do this too - when I have things on my mind.

Glad I'm not the only one!
    After big exams, I always go running immediately after. I just run till I can't run anymore. Relieves all the stress and anxiety that builds up in the week or two prior to the exam.
    Yes! Im not alone! :):p
    nope, i think you are actually just mad. sorry love, you should be certified.

right now.:naughty:
    Yep ill admit it! Im an official nutter! ;) :eek2: