Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

heart problem kinda

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
recently i've been getting these throbbing pains in the left side of my chest, and i was wondering if this could be the start of something serious? :confused:
the thing is im only 16 and although i smoke and drink i dont do so heavily and i don't eat loads of fatty foods. maybe i'm just being paranoid but it is worrying me.

another thing, if i do go to the doctors is there a way i can get a different doctor coz i dont want my regular one to know i smoke because he's a friend of my familys?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    First thing you have to do is go to the doctor and get this checked out. It might be nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Not sure about seeing a different GP - at mine we have about 10 GPs, so we can choose who we see - it's quite a large surgery though. The GP should keep everything confidential.

Get this checked out.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Tim,

Chest pains can be caused by muscle strain, viruses, stress, and loads of other things. There's a good chance that your heart is fit and well. :)

But put your mind at rest and speak to a doctor, you need a proper examination. If you want to be treated confidentially they MUST keep it confidential. They are not allowed to tell your parents that you smoke.