Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My job perks...and yours???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night, one of my bosses was going to take a group of us(about 10) out to dinner as an end of the summer treat. He got sick, so gave us $300 to go by ourselves. We had dinner and drank ourselves silly on margaritas. We still had lots of money left, so we used the leftover as cover charge to go to a club. If our boss only knew ;)

I'm leaving on Friday and won't be back till classes start, so my other boss treated our office (5 people) to lunch today. It ended up being a 4hr lunch with shopping downtown afterwards. And getting paid good money for it. Tomorrow we're going to a movie. We do this kind of stuff all the time. Great stuff I tell you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bah.. not jealous at all :p;)

Only perk we get is having internet access - but that's more of a necessity on nights, 'cos it's so dull!
    I work for somebody in a department that is ultimately run by my father.
    Not only did this get me the job in the first place, it also means that people actually give me the time of day, rather than fobbing me of as a temp.
    I have great job perks...

I get to use a company car permanently which means I pay some tax, no fuel to worry about, or insurance, or tax and mot, if I crash it I just hand the keys to someone else and its gets sorted...

I get to work from home when I feel like it and they give me a laptop to do that and a mobile phone - such a liberating experience speaking to a customer and doing a deal over the phone whilst completely stark bollock naked only just woken up to the ringing of the phone...

I get to qualify for holidays and persk and bonuses like last year I got an all expenses paid trip to Vegas for 3 days with $1000 to spend on anything (all our food and drink was already paid for) and I went skydiving and the company paid it, then another trip was to Scottsdale Arizona to be pampered and treated like a king for a week - awesome...

Health benefits, company credit card, dental...

no one looking over my back to see what I am doing therefore lunches are great and I can go to the gym upstairs in work whenever I like!

And I earn a lot of cash for doing this... YEAY!!!

There are more but I am making myself sick with it all...
    I get decent healthcare.

But then I do know the doctors, nurses and managers involved.

Oh, and the legal services head is a member of my family, when people realise that, it often helps too ;)
    Originally posted by SimonKingpin
    I have great job perks...

I get to use a company car permanently which means I pay some tax, no fuel to worry about, or insurance, or tax and mot, if I crash it I just hand the keys to someone else and its gets sorted...

I get to work from home when I feel like it and they give me a laptop to do that and a mobile phone - such a liberating experience speaking to a customer and doing a deal over the phone whilst completely stark bollock naked only just woken up to the ringing of the phone...

I get to qualify for holidays and persk and bonuses like last year I got an all expenses paid trip to Vegas for 3 days with $1000 to spend on anything (all our food and drink was already paid for) and I went skydiving and the company paid it, then another trip was to Scottsdale Arizona to be pampered and treated like a king for a week - awesome...

Health benefits, company credit card, dental...

no one looking over my back to see what I am doing therefore lunches are great and I can go to the gym upstairs in work whenever I like!

And I earn a lot of cash for doing this... YEAY!!!

There are more but I am making myself sick with it all...

Wow! What on Earth do you do?
    25% staff discount
    75% off uniform (which is anything in my shop)
    Health care
    Cheap shares (oow wee!)
    More paid holiday than anyone else in my building.

Its ok thou i guess, but it's not a trip to vegas

Miss M
    I get a discount.

A friend of mine used to work with this company and she would have to go around the world, visiting these hotels and then decide whether they should be e.g 4 star or 5 star. She would have to order room service in the middle of the night, take advantage of all the facilities the hotel had to offer etc and she got paid for it!!! :eek:
    Thankfully I get quite afew :D lets see...

Internet-> At work I use it but they also pay for Broaband Internet at my home :D (I think this is about £30 pounds per month)... MUCH APPRECIATED :D

Mobile-> Have to keep in touch regulary so they bought me a phone and contribute towards 40% of my bill per month... Once again it's much appreciated eventhough I don't use it that much

Laptop-> They also provide one of these, hardly use it unfortunately at the moment but i'm sure it's time will come :D

Taxi/ Cab-> Although my work is just outside Liverpool Street Station they fo offer a free Taxi or Cab ride if necessary
    I work in a theatre, therefore whilst at work I get to see all of the productions and meet the cast / performers.

I also get a 60% discount in the theatre bar and cafe.

When not working I get first refusal on buying tickets, and if there are any spare seats I get free tickets.

Downstairs we run a giant screen (think IMAX) cinema, and I get to see the films for free and eat the confectionary!
    I work for one of the Formula 1 racing teams & am currently sat in Hungary typing this!

Have seen some beautiful countries & sights, but by far the biggest rush is to be part of the pit crew. Nothing like a multi million pound racing car screeaming down the pit lane at you to make the hairs stand up on your neck!

We get two holidays a year as it is cheaper to leave us out in a country than fly us all the way back each time. In March we did the Auz GP then were put up in the Sheraton Mirage at Port Douglas Cairns, which has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world before flying to Maylasia.

Sept the 22nd I fly to Indy Usa for the GP, get a week in Cancun Mexico as Hol then off to Japan for the final GP of the year. As they pay for a round the world ticket (cheaper than single flights) I can add a quick hop to Auz for only £165! Off to Port Douglas but not staying at the Sheraton as it would cost me £350 a night!

Am very fortunate to be in the position I am but giving it all up after the next season to go leisure travelling..... Cant Wait!
    Originally posted by squat_tom

Just a sales guy / account manager selling Engineering Design Software (CAD/CAM/CAE) to engineering (mainly Automotive) companies.

These are standard perks for sales guys - if you can handle the £1million plus targets every year...
    Originally posted by squat_tom

sounds like any IT sales job to me

if you things are excessive now, i can tell you it was a lot better three or four years ago
    Originally posted by snowdance

sounds like any IT sales job to me

if you things are excessive now, i can tell you it was a lot better three or four years ago

Oh those were the days... :(
    Like so many other people's jobs there is free (and very fast) internet access.

I'm a student at an international organisation which pays really well and income is tax free, yes you heard right, no tax. :cool: Mobiles and laptops are provided and if you buy a car it is tax free too.

There are usually 3-4 trips each year. Some `only' to other places in Europe, but often to America or Asia.

Work hours are pretty flexible. If you're not doing `team work' you can start work any time you like. There are people who regularly start their day at 3pm.

Generally not bad!!
    I work in Tesco and get 10%, which I got after a year and about £160 worth of shares which I got after 2 years. Think its crap for a big company.
    i get free pop:p
    i get to work in a dark factory,
    take home as much metal as i can get in the form of splinters( OUCH) in my skin,
    i get oily, smelly,
    i get the bollocking for waiting for work when i do a five min job opp and the bloke im waiting for takes 10 mins to do his bit to the job and he stops for a fag and tea ( what ever)

xmas bonus = a job next time you come back after xmas.
    holiday minamal ( crap)

oh i can come and go as i like as long as i do 40 hours ( ie,, two 20 hour shifts ) or one 40hour stint. or five 8 hour
    the norm is 4 ten hour shifts hmm friday off
    Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth! :)

Oh, and more dealines than I know what to do with... *shrug*
    As I work in a restaurant get a drink - usually a can of diet coke - and (oh, boy!) if I'm really lucky they might offer me something to eat. Hmmm.

I'm possibly starting at Burger King soon and I'll be getting food (yay, burgers. Guess I'll be taking my own to avoid putting weight on) and free entry to the local cinema, perhaps even private screenings (yay!).
    I got a pint of milk and some sausages free once.

And 50p off some cheese.
    I get free pens & paper.

And paper clips if I do a good job.!!
    Bugger all.

I've got 33% staff discount on almost all the items sold in the stores, but get lousy pay so I can't afford any of them. Holidays are stingy too. Not sure why I'm still working there really. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I work as a computer consultant and have to travel the UK....so they gave me a fully expensed car, petrol card, Credit card, mobile phone (paid for by the firm), laptop, palmtop and all my shirts with my name stiched into them.....oh and a decent pay packet each month! :):D
    Originally posted by uksimes
    and all my shirts with my name stiched into them.....

WOW!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

where do you work? i want personalised shirts. can you get them to write diferent things on them or just your name?
    I know my chin hit the floor in sheer amazement when the brought them in!!! ;) They have the company logo on them...... When they get a bit old I use them for painting and cleaning the car in....GREAT!!!:D
    i dont suppose by any chance your name is "AlexTheKing" is it?

*is thinkin its a long shot*
    Erm, funnily enough NO it isn't!!! And the even sadder news is that they have stopped buying them for us, so I'm on my last batch of 5 shirts. I can send you an old on if you want, and you can sow over my name???? :D
    haha, erm, thanks for the thought but im sure i'll cope without
    Oh, OK..... *feels rejected*.....They don;t have sweat stains or anything???? :eek:
    i don't understand the question, i would think that somebody with a job high enough to get free shirts with their name on it would realize that that was a statement.;) :D;)