Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

wht is the normal waste size for a 14 year old??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
like i mean it all depends on ur figure and body structure but i need to kno the average, cuz i'm scared i'm beyond that, and that freaks me out:eek:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well you hant exactly given us much information to go on have you. You think your overweight yeh? Well surely its easy to know if your overweight or not. I was extremely underweight at 14. Go see your doctor if your that concerned about your weight that its freaking you out.
    I wouldn't go by what is "normal", because "normal" is different for different people.

It depends on if the weight is making you down or that you get bullied as a result.

At 14 you body is going through changes and it might be just hormonal changes.

If you are conserned talk to someone like your doctor or someone you can talk easily with.

Good luck and there's more to life than worrying about your weight!:)
    There's no such thing as a normal waist size! It depends on your height, the body type you have, and the proportion of body fat, as well as how toned your muscles are.

You can't look at one body measurement in isolation and use it to decide whether or not you are normal.

It's also perfectly OK to have a bit of 'puppy fat' on your tum at this age because of all the hormone changes during puberty. I know I did, even though I was fairly slim...so relax and don't worry too much.

One thing though, if you've been slim before and have recently started to feel bloated, it would be a good idea to get your GP to check it out.
    Hi!
    I agree, theres no such thing as a normall waist size! i kinda wish there was though, I'd like to know if I'm average for my age because there are some girls my age out there who are so slim and i just think 'what i'd give to be like them' but then on the other hand there are some girls who are really big.
    I'm not really fat but i'm not perfectly slim, im not sure if it is just puppy fat or not...I can sometimes hide my little 'bulges' in clothes but when im in my bikini or something i feel very self-concious incase people are thinkin 'she should sooo no be wearing that!'
    Like i said im not extremely fat, just a little chubby i suppose!
    I would like to do some exercises to help out and tone me up a bit, but i was wondering if there were different 1's i could do for different areas! i'd like to start with my hips and lose a bit off them, then my tummy...just to tone it up a bit! After that i'd like to do my legs (thighs) andeven my arms are a little bit chubby! But I'd just like to concetrate on my hips tummy and thieghs! any1 got any ideas?
    I think swimming is meant to be quite good, but i know that it can really build up muscles which i dont intend to do as that will just replace any fat with muscle!
    when i was 14 i was about the same size as i am now at 26!Theres no such thing as normal, Your natural weight is whatever you dont have to struggle to maintain.