Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Accountants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasnt sure which thread this should go in.

Im just wanting to know if everybody think accountants are really boring peopleor what?

Would a girl find it appealing or a turn off. (secure job, good money)

Im an accountant and I dont know if it helps or hinders when im chattin someone up.

Comments

• Options
    I think the job doesn't matter - as long as you don't talk about it day and night :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yeah....but beinga fireman or something would be a much sexier job wouldn't it? :)
  • Options
    i dunno, but that's what i'm planning on being when i get to uni, etc (i was going to write 'when i grow up' but that'd make me sound about 5 so i decided not to!). What someone did for a living wouldn't bother me, as long as it wasn't TOO illegal, or they weren't obsessed by it.
  • Options
    I don't care what a potential partners occupation is at all (unless they were a pimp or something!). I've been out with guys who have all had varying jobs....students, self employed, office job, engineering etc.

As someone said though, as long as u don't go on about it all the time I don't think anyone will care what u do to be honest! :)
  • Options
    Re: Accountants
    Originally posted by spud

Im an accountant and I dont know if it helps or hinders when im chattin someone up.

It'll help, birds love blokes with a bit of spare cash to throw about ;)
  • Options
    Your job shouldn't to a potential partner - if it bothers them, they're not worth being with!
  • Options
    Nah it shouldnt be a problem at all, if a girl is bothered by it then thats just silly really, if anything it makes you seem more responsible and mature, youve gone out there and got yourself a decent job, it makes you seem rather intelligent I think, then that could just be me??

Dont worry about it at all its better than saying your a binman or a toilet cleaner!!!
  • Options
    At uni i'll be studying accountancy, plus hopefully i'll be working part time within an accountacy firm. If someone feels negative about it then leave them be, they simply aren't worth your time

Aslong as you don't speak about your working day 24/7 then there's nothing to worry about :D
  • Options
    Im studying accountancy and well who cares it's not as though you live and breathe it. It wouldn't turn me off!
  • Options
    just so long as your sex isn't as boring as your job ;) i'm just kiddin dude, i'm acutally studing accoutning right now, and hey, if you could always attract the nice gold diggers!!
  • Options
    It wouldn't matter what a prospective partners job was to me (unless it was something like a pimp :p ). But seriously, if anything, it makes you seem intelligent, which is always good. It's better than being a layabout for a living.

Mind you, I like Baby's comment :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tashmania
    It wouldn't matter what a prospective partners job was to me (unless it was something like a pimp :p ).

Copy :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    Copy :p
    Eeek, sorry, I didn't see that :)
  • Options
    Accountants

Personally I would love to find a man accountant he can teach me about being good with money.

All seriousness, I does not matter, it's the person!!!
  • Options
    im studying accounting as well, and anyone who doesnt want to be with you because of their job isnt worth the time
  • Options
    Yeah agreed, sounds like a good job, nobody should be turned off, i'm not turned off and my g/f works for Hugh Heftner :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tashmania
    Eeek, sorry, I didn't see that :)

Hehe, it's ok I was only joking. :)
  • Options
    I'm working as an accounts admin person, And I have to say that when you tell people first that your in accounts they have this mental picture of a boring person. I just tell them get over it that I don't take my job home with me and I'm an easygoing person who likes to have a laugh. :)

I don't find that my job hinders who I go out with, and as for money I'm good at doing the accounts for work , but terrible at doing my own, I'm a complete spendaholic esp where drink is envolved.
  • Options
    Hi yeah Spud i'm in the same boat mate.

Girls don't find it very sexy when you tell them your studying to ba an accountant.

They're all like so you spend 8 hours a day with a calculator or a mouse in your hand !

I say better then a mouse in my knickers !!! :)

Only messing ladies.....

So you love accountants then !

Damn must be me that turns them off then ..................
  • Options
    Can't say i'd ever be turned off by an irishman (or a scotsman or welshman or englishman etc. ) Im just desperate
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kat
    Can't say i'd ever be turned off by an irishman (or a scotsman or welshman or englishman etc. ) Im just desperate

I'll love you if you let me :)

Tell me about you !
  • Options
    Re: Accountants
    Originally posted by kirsty_g
    Personally I would love to find a man accountant he can teach me about being good with money.

Unless they work for Andersen :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Accountants
    Originally posted by openup

Unless they work for Andersen :p

Yeah good ol double A.

Managed to help two huge companies go to the wall.

Three cheers for @RSEHOLE @UDITORS !
  • Options
    I believe that your fundamental consideration should be whether you are motivated by being an accountant, and not whether women consider it to be a 'sexy' profession. Indeed, if you enjoy and are happy being an accountant, it is likely that you will be a more cheerful and exciting person; this is likely to attract women. If, on the other hand, you find it boring or worry about what people think of it or both, you will not be so attractive: you may be self-conscious and unhappy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily
    I believe that your fundamental consideration should be whether you are motivated by being an accountant, and not whether women consider it to be a 'sexy' profession. Indeed, if you enjoy and are happy being an accountant, it is likely that you will be a more cheerful and exciting person; this is likely to attract women. If, on the other hand, you find it boring or worry about what people think of it or both, you will not be so attractive: you may be self-conscious and unhappy.

I believe your way to pyscho analytical for your own good.

I think if you read the initial post it refers to when a woman asks what you do and you reply accountant they usually cringe and think boring b@stard.

The whole self confidence thing isn't an issue and I think you'll find if anything its this reaction that lessens self confidence moreso then whether a person is happy with his job.

Anyway I don't believe anyone here said anything about being disillusioned with there job because of waht some bint said !