Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Starting Uni/College

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi peeps, I just wondered if ne 1 was starting uni/college like myself this september???
i start @ Newcastle college on the 16th Sept..Im pretty nervous but excited @ the same time, i just hope i can make ne friends and get on with the course to the best of my ability.
how do you people feel about it???

dont worry, be happy...

'T'
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey! I am in the same position as you mate I am starting a college for my second year in september!! But don't be nervous its not a big thing! ;)
    Im starting 6th form in September, but it'll be okay really for me as im going to the same one as i've been at for the last three years for school. But good luck and im sure people will want to be friends with you! :)
    im starting glasgow uni in october! im scared!! mostly about not knowing anyone and getting lost! i dont even want to think about the work right now! im doing a degree in history!! in a way though im looking forward to it ive worked for so long to get to this uni that it feels weird to actually be going!!:D i decided when i was 13 that i was going to glasgow uni and it worked!! still cant quite believe it!!:D good luck to you!!
    I start in a few weeks. I'm not nervous, I have already done it once and am so fed up doing nothing that I want to get on with it and meet new people.
    finally a scottish person online!!im starting strathclyde in glasgow in september and am shitting it but cannt wait for all the good stuff most of my close friends are going away but cnnt wit to make new friends.still scared but excited nice to know im not alone in that
    I'm starting Uni in just under 4 weeks now.

I'm both a bit nervous, but also looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to a new start, and hopefully making some new friends (didn't really like the old ones :)). I'm also tired of just doing nothing all day as I'm doing right now, and I'm so bored.

However there are some things I'm a bit nervous about. I'm not too good in social situations with new people, so I'm a bit worried about how Freshers Week is gonna go. Also some other things that I've never had to do before. It's all unknown really, so it's hard to say how it's gonna go.

I just hope it's gonna be better than the last few years really, which haven't been too good. I'm just looking at it as a fresh start really :)
    weight of my mind

thanx people, it really helps to be reasured that everyone else is in the same boat as me, i wish you all good look and im sure you wil all go on and do really well in your chosen carriers.
    Im really nervouse about the whole fresher week thing too, its the fact that i really have cut back so much on drinking, i pretty much dont get drunk any more and i feel that its going to stop me having fun and making freinds like everyone else... silly i know.
    the work , oh my god, i 4got, its gonna pile up from day 1, i hope i can manage it...
    dam it i worry too much...

stay true people..
    :)
    Originally posted by sx2steph
    finally a scottish person online!!im starting strathclyde in glasgow in september and am shitting it but cannt wait for all the good stuff most of my close friends are going away but cnnt wit to make new friends.still scared but excited nice to know im not alone in that

HEY!!!:D scottish people rule!!!!:D
    sorry to rub it in an' all, but I dont go to uni until the 8th of October, and I don't start work there until the following week!

However just to console you all I do have my share of misfortune -I start work -my very first day of three years hard graft for my degree - on my 19th birthday >> how bad is that- some birthday present!?
    Lemme guess, Oxbridge?

Brantree, who wouldn't be going to Durham till September 30th if she hadn't deferred.
    I was at Newcastle College for 2 years and I lived at Cruddas Park flats. Newcastle is an amazing place - nightlife & shops & the people. Problem at the College is that everyone knew each other already and it takes that while longer, go to all the arranged nights out and it works out.

Gl!