Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mature students

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I would love to here from people who went back as a mature student and gave up the day job and how they got on. I am 30 and starting a degree theatre studies in a couple of weeks... cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My mum and dad became mature students when I was 10 (they were about 32 and 35) It was brilliant for them, specially my mum who had been at home with us for ages.

The thing you have to remember is that just because you're not 18 doesn't mean the experience can't be fun or that you'll stick out like a sore thumb.
    I'm 32 and I have friends of 18 - 50 and most are not really that aware of my age or the age difference.
    Mind you - I do think that 'younger' people kind of look at anyone over the age of 25 and think they are really old!!! Don't know why. You can't really stop people from thinking its weird that people get older.

I guess the only real problem with being a mature student is if you've worked for years and now have to survive on less money?
  • Options
    haha that does not matter as I am alwys broke anyway. I am well used to it. so I might as well be a Poor student, get a grant and all that. I really don't mind that at all. fair play to your folks.