Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone going to/at Sheffield Uni, read this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm starting at Sheffield in September, and am pretty much scared out of my wits by it. I've been considering withdrawing, as I don't know if I can go through with this.
Anyone got any advice?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Anyone going to/at Sheffield Uni, read this
    Originally posted by Matthew82
    I've been considering withdrawing, as I don't know if I can go through with this.

Yes you can. I personally can't wait to start uni. Everyone will be in the same boat, new area, new people. Just enjoy it!!
  • Options
    Yeah you can Matthew, just think that everyone else will be feeling the same way. You still feel like it after say 3 weeks then ring home and have a chat, or talk to some on site councillors [sp?]. They will do their best to try and help you. Or if you really feel that it would be the worst thing to ever happen to you, going to uni that is, withdraw and think strongly about whether uni is right for you, perhaps you could go somewhere closer to home?
  • Options
    What course you doing? I've got a mate going there for Architectural studies with MEng, so I can assure you there will be at least one thoroughly decent guy going.

No need to be scared, everyone's in the same boat as you. Everyone will be in a big place, feeling pretty lonely. But that'll change. They Uni's are there to help make tertiary education enjoyable. You'll be fine, honest guv. :)
  • Options
    I did my first degree there and it was great. Good student facilities and community, and lots to do in the city.
  • Options
    You know im there but not. Be there def next yera and ive got some mates there who will help you out! You know what ive said about going before. Good Luck! and wel i'll be shopping at meadowhall most weekends!!!
  • Options
    Most weekends? Why not all? ;)
    I hope you'll come for a drink if you're in the area this coming year!
  • Options
    Thats an offer and a half. We'll see!
  • Options
    There's not many girls who get asked to go for a drink with me!! (not because I'm snooty or anything - I just don't know very many ;) ).
  • Options
    Re: Anyone going to/at Sheffield Uni, read this
    I'm starting at Sheffield in September, and am pretty much scared out of my wits by it. I've been considering withdrawing, as I don't know if I can go through with this.
    Anyone got any advice?

I visited Sheff Uni. Not a place I'll be going but still looks pretty cool. The idea of uni scares a lot of people I'm sure but you can do it. Nerves are getting the better of you right now. Don't let them. :)

Think of it this way, you'll be living fairly close to moi, okay, so we'll never meet but you'll have the satisfaction knowing you live near to lovely me.[/rambling bollocks]
  • Options
    There's not many girls who get asked to go for a drink with me!! (not because I'm snooty or anything - I just don't know very many ;) ).

Well i'll take that offer as a good thing then!
  • Options
    Well, you can take it however you like, but it's meant to be a good thing.