Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the younger man...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just met this guy, and i really like him, he's fun, nice, sexy, amusing and i really enjoy being with him. then i found out he was a year yonger than me and i still love being with him the same but there is this very little thought that keeps occuring that he is younger. it really shouldn't bother me and i don't want it to but the feeling won't go away, what to do?????

Comments

• Options
    I'ts only a year there are worse age gaps. So if you want to then i would say go for it!!
  • Options
    He is only 17 then, and you are 18.?

Isn't much of an age gap really and if he make you happy then it shouldn't matter!

So enjoy your new found "toy boy";) and just relax!:p
  • Options
    only a year? what's the problem with that?? :confused:
  • Options
    exatly, there should be no problem!! it's only one year. why the hell cant i get that thought out of my head!!
  • Options
    u sure there's not something else worrying u about him? If it's just the age thing don't worry, it's not an unusual thing to go out with a guy slightly younger than you! Just enjoy it ;)
  • Options
    I bet its not even a year.Probably just months.

What exactly is it that bothers you tho. Anything specific?
  • Options
    A year is nothing, my boyfriend is a year and a half younger than me and it's not an issue at all, everyone assumes he's older than me! Having a toyboy is great, enjoy it ;)
  • Options
    There's a one year age difference? If this is all you've got to worry about with this guy then go for it! It seems like you're creating problems? There was 8 years between me & my ex. He saw this as a problem sometimes but it didn't bother me. One year is nothing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    exatly, there should be no problem!! it's only one year. why the hell cant i get that thought out of my head!!

It might be because it tends to be the male that is the oldest in a relationship? You may just feel slightly odd, maybe you have never been out with anyone younger than you before? Maybe they have always been older? A year really is no age gap to be concerned about, dont worry, if you like him then go for it :)
  • Options
    Hi there ;)

Age shouldn't be a barrier in any relationship, plus it's only a year as you say, perhaps even months :D

Go for it! :cool:
  • Options
    For the whole of my dating life, I've always gone for the older guy which was fine, until I met my boyfriend...he's 2 and a half years younger than me...my little (well not so little!!) toyboy! It's cool though, there's no problem with the age gap! A year is nothing! Enjoy yourself :D
  • Options
    younger men

My bloke is 12 1/2 years younger than me, you would never know it. It doesn't matter
  • Options
    I usually get on better with girls a couple of years older than me, and I often think that I could get rejected out of hand just because of my age. If you like him, go for it!!!
    :):):)
  • Options
    I am the "younger man" by about 16 months. If you are getting hung up on something so small, I would wonder if you are looking for a reason to end the relationship.
  • Options
    your only as young as the women your feeling :)

er. . or the man in your case
  • Options
    A YEAR! christ on a moped! is that all? i think u may have other issues where age is only one of them, but thats the only one u can see
  • Options
    Dont worry about it a year is nothing. when i saw the nam of this thread i thought there was about 20 years or something! :D