Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

eye

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since I woke up this morning one of my eyes has been really bloodshot from the inside corner. it's pretty obvious and not very nice but I have no idea what has caused it! My brother said it might be conjunctivitis but usually that occurs in both eyes, not just one. It's never been like this before...is it caused by something infecting it? I have no idea! :confused:
Thanks-x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya - there are at least 10 different things it could be! Allergies, injuries, infections can all have similar appearances. You will have to go to your doctor and get it examined, especially if it's sore.

Just in case it's an infection, wash your hands straight away after touching your eyes, and don't share hand or face towels.
    That does sound worrying. I'd get that checked out if I were you.
    What might help until you see the doc is
    using boiled water, hot as you can stand, just gently clean with cotton wool. This just keeps the area clean and can help with any irritation you may have.
    Obviously its the weekend now and I dont know wether you can see your doc but try popping into see the chemist, he or she could probably advise an ointment you can buy over the counter.
    Get it seen by doc. You don't want to lose your sight and you don't want it to be a lesion. Otherwise say goodbye to your next b-day.
    Have you been smoking too much weed? :D
    Originally posted by Nash
    Have you been smoking too much weed? :D

Yeah lots of friends have asked me that! Strange it's only in one eye though?!
    Hey!! Pink Eye!!! Eric Cartman had that...but he was abused by aliens and they put an anal probe up his ass.