Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Southend, Swindon & London demos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Southend: Cannabis party in the park, Smokey Bears' Picnic on Sept 1

Police today vowed to take action against people caught with drugs at a pro-cannabis party in Priory Park, Southend.

Publicity for the Smoky Bears' Picnic on September 1 urges people to "bring flags, banners, musical instruments and anything else you would expect to find."

Essex Police warned that using cannabis in public could result in arrest.

Insp Darren Wiles said: "The possession of cannabis is still illegal and anyone caught in possession of it, as in any situation, will be dealt with by officers accordingly."

Although it is widely anticipated that cannabis is to be reclassified from a class B to a class C drug, this has yet to be formally approved by Parliament.

A spokesman for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance said: "We are not directly involved in the arrangements, we are just the messenger, but we will have representatives in attendance seeking out supporters."

Published Monday August 19, 2002

Brought to you by the Evening Echo & WHSpliff news :p

Bit like Southsea - but they didn't show!

Dates for your Diary:

Sunday 1st September 2002
SWINDON - Smoke Out - Picnic in the Park
2 pm - Queens Park, Swindon - Bring what you expect to find

Sunday 1st September 2002
SOUTHEND - Smokey Bears picnic - "On the Grass"
1pm Priory Park, Southend - Bring what you expect to find

Saturday 28th September 2002
Speak out for Cannabis
- the next Cannabis Coalition event
2pm - Speakers Corner, Hyde Park, London

:D

Comments

• Options
    i trust ull be going whspliff?
    will you be smoking?
    itd be funny if someone smoked a pipe with tobacco in or something so the filth'd try n nick em lol
    i heard summit off ur site i think about the smokey bears picnic where the pigs tried to nick someone so everyone stopped em or summit? :D

Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    i trust ull be going whspliff?
    will you be smoking?
    itd be funny if someone smoked a pipe with tobacco in or something so the filth'd try n nick em lol
    i heard summit off ur site i think about the smokey bears picnic where the pigs tried to nick someone so everyone stopped em or summit? :D

Duffy

BUMP 'cos Swindon & Southend are this weekend.

I would be going to Swindon, but the dog is ill (cancer:( ), so I can't:(

I'll be surprised if the cops show, they didn't this year at Southsea, despite their threats too!

Yes last year, at Southsea, the cops moved to arrest someone, everyone jumped on him, he crawled out from under the crowd and got away - wearing a PINK HEMP SUIT:D :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

Yes last year, at Southsea, the cops moved to arrest someone, everyone jumped on him, he crawled out from under the crowd and got away - wearing a PINK HEMP SUIT:D :D

Lmao - pink hemp suit lol :D
    Ah well, iv proved the theory of having herb neat in a rollup makes it unburnable, just use a rolling machine ;)
    :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    I went to last years demo in london and as long as you dont blow your smoke in the pigs face they can't do anything. If they arrrest one person they gotta take everyone else and that would be silly!

It's like the Nottinhill carnival the police get told that people are going to be smokin and not to arrest unless they see dealing. This is the 2002 it's about time the rest of the country come to its sences and sparked up a big fat one! D'ya agree :D