Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

too soon??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've worked at a fast food place for about a week, and i absoutly hate it. it makes me stink, i fell greasy, it is too crowded and so forth. i really really want to find a new job, but is it to soon to quit?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's never too early to give up.
    no its not, if you dont like it then you should look for another job!
    Get a new job then quit perhaps, unless you can live w/o the money.
    I started work in telephone sales (raffle tickets for charities) and hated it. I worked two shifts, half of one was training, but I knew fairly early on that it wasn't for me.

I was propsed to on the first night (people will say amazing things - but then I don't like these types of phonecalls myself). There was a really high drop out rate, people either leave in the first fortnight or stay.

The only thing is that if you must leave explain your situation. Even if you think that the job will have no ramifications for you in the future its nice to leave on a positive note.
    Stick with it for the moment, see how it works out. You never know, you might end up enjoying it.
    If you really think that you won't last there, use the time when you're not working to look for a job that you can start straight away. When you're ready to start your new job, hand in your notice (I wouldn't think it'd be too long) and make the switch.
    No its not too soon.. give it up if you dont feel that you can stand it dont stick it ou.. focus on getting a new and betta job..