Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

advice on law much needed please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hi can ne 1 tell me what qualifications i need to become a soliciter? ne info i would be very gratefull :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You need to be adept at making huge abouts of money out of other people's misery.

Seriously though, why not contact the Law Society, or failing that, a university's law department (try Oxford uni - www.ox.ac.uk and then follow the links).
  • Options
    Either a law degree or a degree in any subject plus a one year conversion course.

Then the LPC, very expensive fees. Then pupillage. Basically about 4 years after uni.
  • Options
    Or go to Northumbria like me... ^_^ and do a four year course and then come out with the LPC aswell, but you have to pay an extra £500 per year, but it has considerable savings compared to the £7000 the LPC usually costs.
  • Options
    Re: advice on law much needed please
    Originally posted by lushruss
    hi can ne 1 tell me what qualifications i need to become a soliciter? ne info i would be very gratefull :D

The ability to summarise and eloquently argue a point. Command of the English language helps.
  • Options
    Re: Re: advice on law much needed please
    Originally posted by DJP
    Command of the English language helps.

lol :D

I agree, too many damn kids are illiterate, you'd better straighten up your act if you want to do Law, learn to spell solicitor and grateful and maybe practice your grammar too.

Kids.. :rolleyes: