Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is cannabis dangerous?

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
Here's a link to an intresting new thread on the Daily Mail discussion boards. Just thought some might like to have their own little say, seeing as most of the posts I suspect, are gonna be anti drug's and I thought it might intrest Spliffy and Mr Rolll in particular!

Cannabis!
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Now youve done it, WHspliffs gonna be on the warpath! ;)
    :D
    Duffy
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Thing is we used to get loads of discussions and arguments in here with other anti drugs posters but now, no one ever comes in here! If I need to go elsewhere for a fight then that is what I'll do! :D
    Weekender Offender 
    lol
    really one of us should say something that is obviously not true to get a decent argument going

hey everyone, did you know that smoking cannabis turns you into a lifeless carrot?

Duffy
    not had a look yet but will do later. sounds like a laugh. the daily mails dangerous, not weed.
    can you post ? "hi my names morrocon roll, wowy zowy i've been enslaved to the weed for 35yrs man, wowy zowy. warn the youngsters to...."say not to drugs".... i have been an incapaple wreck since my first inocent puff at a prty. all my friends are demons.wowy zowy. and yes it leads on to even harder addictions....like www.thesite. org.uk...save me. please i cant stand not being normal any fyucking longer.
    wowy zowy...and another thing , i cant stop saying........................ deciduous absolutes
    wowy zowy... sounds like something off "Bill and Ted's excellent adventures"
    I always did think those two were on acid, by the way they said things like 'Radical' and went into them 'time warps' [a.k.a flashbacks]
    Duffy
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    LOL at both Duffy and Mr Roll

It's actually a dicussion board for the Femail section of the Daily Mail and it seems all a bit serious!
    Weekender Offender 
    female daily mail fail bail readers aye.
    what they need is a 6ft 2ins big bald and loud ugly get to shove a rocket up thier arses...........................hey thats me ! i'll pop round this evening i think. i'll tread carefully at first so i dont get chucked out to quick. i can chram em and con em....daily mail femail aye .
    mmmmmm............
    hey skive, jst wonderin, i woz checkin up on the birthday calendar type thing, n it sed uv got 2 birthdays.... strange i thought. So i checked it out and youve got two i.ds both of which you post with regularily...? strange but kool. Wots up with that then?
    Duffy
    Skive - only just spotted this, back soon.

[WHS heads off on a mission]

That was fun – loads of replies posted, should be interesting to see if any of the twats come back on me!

I should invoice the Daily Mail for educational services :p
    WHS, youve helped me prove to a lot of my mates that cannabis should be legalized.... i dont know how youre so good at it though. The best question off my friends iv had is [from someone who drinks alcohol regularily] "so you think you know more about cannabis than the government then?" :D
    yes, i do, thanx to WHSpliff, and maybe some help along the way by morrocan :D
    Duffy
    why should it be legalized?
    Because many people enjoy the relativley safe art of smoking cannabis, and for many years people have been arrested for doing something with less risks than alcohol + tobacco. it should be legalized so people stop being arrested for having a good time, helping other people have a good time etc. AND, it is given to people with MS, as a painkiller, so the government obviously know it is doing them little harm. :D

[and can anyone confirm that it helps asthma and is a cure for glaucoma? i heard it in a song by peter tosh]

Duffy
    because i have smoked it for 35yrs and am therefore living proof that smoking weed is pretty harmless.
    on a recent school re u , where i saw old mates i haven't seen since i was 15 ..i'm 49 now, i was the healthiest, happiest man there. i was the star of the show because over the years my old mates had read things and heard things over years about me. expected a reck of a man...based on thier ignorance regarding drugs....a mental and physical reck. they were all fat and nackered. me..6ft 2ins..flatish stomach..straight back, very positive and cheerful outlook on life and so on. i ended up as is usual being the main entertainment !
    Originally posted by babes r us
    why should it be legalized?

question...... babes. if you had to be helped home in the middle of the night by someone you slighty new,
    you are a bit pissed and a bit nervous. would you choose the guy who had drank £10 worth of whisky.
    who had smoked £10 worth of weed.
    id take the whisky, purely because my dad loves the stuff and so would love to meet the guy :D
    Duffy
    yea but you aint a vulnerable female in a jittry situation.
    i'd rather my daughter be walked home by the head than the drunk.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    because i have smoked it for 35yrs and am therefore living proof that smoking weed is pretty harmless.

When you posted that, was you stoned or just having a laugh:p ;):D

duffy_2k - good to hear I've helped. Been smoking 20+ years, been on the campaign trail for a year; I've built WHSpliff.net to over 400 pages, mostly news, reports, research etc. - so I feel I can answer virually any question.

This helps;

LegaliseUtilise.jpg

- and only a fiver plus P&P, an official Legalise Cannabis Alliance publication; CANNABIS - LEGALISE & UTILISE - a Manifesto & Information Document:D
    whats it got in that publication then WHS, information about why it should be legalized and stuff? because it looks pretty good.

WHSpliff.net, over 400 pages :eek:
    I hope you get elected in, you seem to be the no bullshit type of guy, unlike some others that i've seen about on the telly.

Oh and has the smokey bears picnic been yet? And are you going to put a story thingy on ur site about it like you did with the last one? The filth around those parts said they were determined to have no cannabis smokers didd'nt they? I doubt anyone paid attention to that though.

Well done on the site mate and hope you get elected!
    Duffy
    yea but you aint a vulnerable female in a jittry situation.
    Who says im not allowed to be female once in a while? ;)
    Duffy
    This cracked me up (I'll PM Eddie on this one, I may like to add a comment)

> As a former member of a Drug Squad, I saw only too
    > clearly the mess people got into with drugs,
    > including a 19 year old on a mortuary slab (heroin).
    > He had started on cannbis and then proceeded down
    > the slippery slope to oblivion. A drugs lecture I
    > attended made it clear that in its liquid form (THC
    > =Tetrahydracanabinol) is LETHAL - too much stroked
    > down the side of a normal cigarette can be fatal.
    > Cannabis is not only mind-altering, it can kill. It
    > is NOT a soft drug. There is no such thing as a
    > soft drug - simple aspirin can cause haemorrage of
    > the stomach!
    >
    > In addition, my husband (traffic policeman) all too
    > often saw the results of accidents/bad driving caused
    > through drugs. It isn't only alcohol that causes
    > dangerous driving!
    >
    > As can be seen (and attested by my children) I am
    > vehemently anti-drug, unless prescribed by a doctor.
    > I do, however, accept that cannabis may be useful in
    > the treatment of some illnesses, but strictly under
    > medial supervision.
    >
    > Julie Lane

MY REPLY:

God help us, if this is the standard of person allowed to join our police forces.

You are talking nonsense - go and read the expert reports before commenting further, you are making a laughing stock of yourself!

folowed by:

> What exactly about what the Police Officer wrote was
    > absolute rubbish?? It looked like plain fact to me,
    > something which you are obviously oblivious to in
    > your fictitious world.

My fictitious world? Oh please, I am standing for parliament at the next election on this issue - I know my stuff!

Interesting she CLAIMS to be ex-Drug Squad, whereas I know the former Chief of the Met Drug Squad, Eddie Eddison, and he has been calling for the legalisation of cannabis for years and even addressed the Legalise Cannabis Alliance conference in year 2000.

You can download his speech from the LCA site, via the links page on www.WHSpliff.net - if you don’t believe me!

I am sure she may have witnessed a dead heroin addict, but to connect that to cannabis, when the only ‘gateway’ is the supply link; beggar’s belief. I am sure this poor sod started on alcohol or tobacco or indeed his mother’s milk. Where is the connection?

Cannabis Oil CANNOT kill; this is complete rubbish – a falsehood that resulted in oil being a Class. A rather than Class. B, however the proposals are to downgrade both to Class. C!

Re-driving, yep sure regarding drugs in general, but not cannabis (read my early posting on that research – above).

Education, education, education - Blair's words, maybe that's why Mail readers can't handle it :p
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    hey everyone, did you know that smoking cannabis turns you into a lifeless carrot?

I find especially with monk, that that statement is actually quite close to the truth. Perhaps a different vegetable, but the concept is the same :p
    It turned me into a pumpkin once, oh no that was the acid:p
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net
    It turned me into a pumpkin once, oh no that was the acid:p

isn't EVERYTHING in some respects dangerous?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

question...... babes. if you had to be helped home in the middle of the night by someone you slighty new,
    you are a bit pissed and a bit nervous. would you choose the guy who had drank £10 worth of whisky.
    who had smoked £10 worth of weed.

erm thats hard! i dont know probably the one that has smoked weed! it depends how much weed your used to smokin because some people are ok after theyve had £10 of weed.