Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

3 months late but tests still negative?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im have now missed three periods in a row, ive have done 4 home tests and they have all been negative. Ive been on the pill for 2 years, but lately i have been ill in hospital (nearly 2 months ago). :(
Im scared as things are all pointing towards me being pregnant, but the tests all say negative. Do you think i should ask for a blood test to be done, or just do another normal test?
Help me

Rach

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who knows!
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    Who knows!

If you don't know, don't post. :rolleyes:

Rach, go and see your GP or you local family planning clinic. All sorts of things can throw your periods off whack (stress, worry, illness etc.) - from what you have said, it seems unlikely that you would be pregnant (home tests are generally - if used correctly - quite accurate) but go and put your mind, and bank balance at rest.
    Those home test buggers are darned expensive.
    Sorry i got distracted when i was posting that :)

What i meant to say was...if there is doubts in your mind then its best to go to the doctors and have a proper test done. Chances are if 4 home tests are negative others will say the same too.
    Have you always had irregular periods?

Being in hospital may have thrown them off course, perhaps some antibiotics you took?

Tell your GP your concerns.
    Go directly to the GP and get a blood test done, and at least it will put your mind at rest.
    As mentioned - best thing is to go to the Docs...

Periods can be stopped by loads of things...

The Pill can affect some people and make them stop their periods - in fact some are designed to do that

Weight can affect it - illness etc...

Go to the docs and they will be able to help you out.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by SimonKingpin
    As mentioned - best thing is to go to the Docs...

Periods can be stopped by loads of things...

The Pill can affect some people and make them stop their periods - in fact some are designed to do that

Weight can affect it - illness etc...

Go to the docs and they will be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Simon you've obviosuly been well trained!!!!:D
    Originally posted by Kat

Simon you've obviosuly been well trained!!!!:D

I listen to women - more fool me...

Actually - was that a sarcastic message Kat?
    Kinda but well you don't just fob women off which is something you have and most blokes don't. Don't loose that, it'll get you everywhere!
    Originally posted by Kat
    Kinda but well you don't just fob women off which is something you have and most blokes don't. Don't loose that, it'll get you everywhere!

That's very sweet of you, thanks!!
    Thats because im sweet!!!!!!!! (yeah right)
    My mate had this problem as well she was four months late and thought that she must be pregnant. It started off as a joke cos she was a week late but had only had sex once so as a joke she was saying how its typical she gets pregnant the first time she does it. Four months later it was no longer much of a joke as you can imagine, she did home tests but they were negative. She went to the doctors and they confirmed she wasnt pregnant which worried her even more as she wondered what it could be then. Think they have put it down to stress now as her sister died in march and she was effected badly by it but it was still worrying for her, it just worried her even more, her family were all devastated at her sisters loss and there she was worrying she would have to tell them she was pregnant!!!

Definately go get it checked out dont waste ya time getting another home text which is likey to just give the same result as the others you have done, you need to know for sure.
    well, just to let everyone know, i went to the family planning clinic on monday. They say there is a high chance i am pregnant, but im waiting for blood test results on thursday. wish me luck ;)
    Originally posted by girl_racer84
    well, just to let everyone know, i went to the family planning clinic on monday. They say there is a high chance i am pregnant, but im waiting for blood test results on thursday. wish me luck ;)

Good luck :)

Good luck Hon!!! Let us know how you get on...
    Dont worry about the results either way you will have a chance to make a choice.

I went through the same thing in March i was three months late and had been very stressed with exam results both me and my boyfriend told his mum on mothers day that we suspected something the next day we got a test which showed up negative. we got advice and the fact i had been stressed and i had just started a new pill stated the reason i was afraid. In fact i dont know why i was scared it was after my first time and we had used two forms of contraception the pill and condoms so why i thought something had happened i dont know :D

If you have had unprotected sex then it could be likely but if you were in hospital ill they probably would have picked up on that, especially if you were months gone.

Hope it has helped

Goodluck and dont forget if you do need help por advice you can PM me :)
    Well, the blood test results were negative. My doc has told me to come off the pill til i get a period. My boufriend was really upset the tests were negative (and so was I) and there is talk of us actually trying for a baby now. But ill let you know how things go.

Rach x
    nd there is talk of us actually trying for a baby now.

I dont mean to preach, but isn't that a lot to think about at your age? :)
    Yeah, it is a bit hectic.
    Im nearly 18, im in a settled relationship, with a good job with prospects, and a flat of my own. My boyfreind is hopefully gonna move in soon (we have been staying at each others flats for months), and there has been chat about marriage etc, so we both think its a good move. Only time will tell...
    Rach,

Please. Don`t do it.

I don`t want to come across all preachy either, but I`m talking from experience. 17 is just too young. Not because I think a 17 or 18 year old isn`t capable of looking after a baby properly, or because I think your relationship won`t stand the test of time etc etc, but because you haven`t lived enough. Live a bit more first, have your fun and your freedom for a while longer. Because believe me, once you have a baby it`s gone.
    I really dont mean to sound preachy either but i think maybe it might be worth waiting a while (maybe a year or something) and see how you feel about trying for a baby then. If you really want a baby then maybe you wont mind waiting a little while because you're still young and a year's not that long really. If in a years time you've changed your mind though then it'll have been worth waiting a while. A baby is a lot of responsibility and your whole life would change, everything in your life would probably be affected by a baby. So, whatever you decide to do give it some serious thought and it might be worth just waiting a little while and see how you feel then. My personal opinion is that it's best to wait and live and then you'll most likely still have children in the future but you'll have more experience in life and so will probably never regret having not lived and done the things you wanted to. All the best. Luv, xxx.
    :) Thanx guys for all your advice. Me and my boyfriend sat down and had a serious chat about things. We have decided to wait a year or two, just til we know where we both want to be.
    Thanx again

Rach x
    Well done, sounds like you've made a very sensible decision. Good for you for having a serious chat about it. All the best for the future. xxx.