Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I can't breathe!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For almost a year now I've been struggling to breathe properly, everytime I attempt to take a long breath I always result in burping! I hear such illnesses are inflicted by depression. The last twelve months have been a great strain for me, I moved away and found it hard settling in my new area, I've suffered many illnesses and scares and life as a whole right now seems quite shit.

Even consulting a doctor and the hospital last February did no good. I was fine apparently, they ruled out stress as a possibility but offered no medication. I feel myself struggling more and more as time passes. Can anyone suggest anything that may be of help? Many thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have that too, but I've had it since I was about 12, for me i find it's only really bad when I'm sat around doing nothing but it gets better with exercise or other things which take my mind of it, I think it'd probably psychosomatic (sp?) so don't worry about it, it's never got worse for me except sometimes in the Summer, just something of a nuisance from time to time.
    I'd suggest going back to the original doctor for a proper explanation of their diagnosis (it sounds confusing), or going to a different doctor for a second opinion.
    Go to the doctors!!!!! You shouldn't ever no be able to breathe!
    Originally posted by Karla
    I'd suggest going back to the original doctor for a proper explanation of their diagnosis (it sounds confusing), or going to a different doctor for a second opinion.
    Yes, but surely when the doctor transfered me to the hospital that was a second opinion?
    Sorry i can't really think of any good advice for you other than a doctor told me to try and think positively which can be really hard (understatement!!) when your feeling down. He said to try and write down 3 things that you've liked about your day every night before going to bed and include in one of those things something you like about yourself. It can sometimes be pretty hard if you're feeling down but it might just help you to view life slightly more positively ecs. if your life has seemed pretty rough lately. (Sorry if thats no help!!!) But I just wanted to say i hope things improve for you and you start coping a bit better. I hope you can maybe find a doctor who can help you with this problem and either treat it or diagnose it and put your mind at rest. Take care. Thinking of ya. It'd be good to know how you're doing.
    Lots of love crazylady xxx.:)