Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

weather and the forcasters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When have they ever been right?

For the past week they have been predicting alright weather for this weekend in Leeds, and now as of 6pm there is going to be thunderstorms.

I hope it rains in Reading too then.

What is the point in weather forcasters? I can stick my head out of the window and be more accurate!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1987 - Michael Fish - "There's not going to be a hurricane."

Kinda says it all really.

Except now, they're so scared of not giving adequate warning of bad weather conditions you get flood warnings and then there's hardly any rain.

Hope they're wrong this time too, and Leeds is great!!! Not going myself..... can't afford it :(
    I don't bother watching them! If it looks cold then i will wear something warm, but probably end up sweating bu the end of the day :rolleyes: :D
    What pisses me off the most is when, on the weather, they have a dark stormy cloud, with some rain falling from it, and a ray of sunshine peeking out from underneath. Surely they're just covering their backs?! Grrrr! :mad:
    What's wrong with just looking at satellite reports and drawing your own conclusion? Most half decent weather sites have an updated, "live" satellite image that shows the rain, the clouds, the sun...pretty much everything you need to know. Isobars are pretty useful as well.

Learn to do your own weather.
    turtle, why are you up at 6.58am? Ok, so it's 7.58am where you are, but still - IT'S THE HOLIDAYS!!!! Freak. The only reason i'm up is cos i have a dentists appt in half an hour. Actually, i'd best go, cos i have to leave in 15 mins, and i'm still in my dressing gown! Oops.
    lol

I don't even look at the weather.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

I hope it rains in Reading too then.

How evil. :p
    i watch the weather for the comedy!!:D come on we have heather the weather!! shes hilarious she always does this stupid thing with her hands that drives me crazy but at the same time shes funny!:D the weather is never right!! it was meant to be raining today..do i see ANY sign of rain? noooo...:D
    im getting up at 4am 2moro 2 go 2 reading it better not fucking rain