Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Haven't applied for uni.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi Guys,

I've not done any A-levels, but I have completed an NVQ Level 3 in Installing & Supporting I.T.

Which I have been told is equivalent..

Today is when I got my application forms to apply direct on to a Foundation Degree in Computing at Glamorgan University.

Is it even worth me applying now? I mean everyone has had their results and got their places and I haven't even sent off for funding yet, have I fucked this up too? As I'm very poor, lol.

Thanks for any comments,
Phil.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Phone them and ask!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No it's not too late, so many people going through clearing will be in the same situation as you, so don't worry too much. You'll be fine so long as you act now and get those funding applications in.

here are glamorgan's living cost estimates, as you know the living costs in wales are much cheaper than england. You can get a job to support yourself when you are at the uni too.

Funding info

more funding info

It's not to late to apply for loans etc, the only problem you may face is that your money won't arrive at the beginning of the course - you can tide yourself over by opening a student account with an overdraft facility - once you have your loan acceptance slip, you may be able to persuade your bank to temporarily increase your overdraft limit while you're waiting for the loan to arrive. You could also apply for a hardship fund or loan from your uni, but again these can take a while to process so act fast.

Hope that helps

Susie :)