Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CANNABIS Question Time...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, here we go – I’ve announced my plans to stand at the next general election for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance, and I maybe joining the party’s National Executive.

Despite the fact that I only joined the campaign trail last year when I launched WHSpliff.net on the 20th August.

So, come on test me!

No stupid, time wasting bollocks – but real concerns, real issues and questions - ASK ME!

I am sure I don’t know all the answers, but in the position I’ve put myself, I should ‘know a man that can’!

Please FIRE AWAY!

TEST ME!

:eek: :eek:

[heads for cover]

:eek: :eek:

Comments

• Options
    on the slim chance of your party or the liberalettes not being hmg soon and it all stays as confusing as the situation is at the moment, where do the farmers stand ? you can be imprissoned if you buy and sell it. so how can i be in possesion of personal ammounts if i dont grow my own ? if the farmers aren't represented by your party then we'll have no choice but to turn to the NFU.
  • Options
    right have had a chat with the man down at NFU and he tells me to expect the cannabis farming industry in this cuntry to continue being put under police pressure.
    so we farmers....to protect ourselves from arrest and to protect our customers pieces of mind have decided to geneticaly engineer
    weed to make it to much like hard work for the police to keep bothering us.
    albert...our scientific man at the NFU reckons he can give cannabis
    a gene or two from a clam. so we can grow it under water !
    but will the dope buying public go from organic to genetic so easily ?
    all this madness is destroying the rural way of life.....but it is quite profitable at the moment. will poloticians sticking thier snouts in my trough.........ruin my bloody livelyhood.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    where do the farmers stand ?

Buggered under the present law.

Do you mean 'commercial farmers' or 'home-growers'?

The LCA supports ‘home-growing’, for personal and small-scale social supply.

However, home-growers are unlikely to supply the complete market requirements (they don’t in Holland) and there will need to be both licensed commercial growers and importers.

We see no reason why, especially in view of the large mark-ups available, that these businesses shouldn’t be required to pay ‘Duty’ in addition to normal taxation – however, there has to be a sensible level, as returning 80% of the market (as in hand rolling tobacco) to criminal gangs would be self defeating.

*** The 2000 House of Commons Library Report says legalisation would bring revenue of at least £1bn a year to the exchequer

:D
  • Options
    TAX you mean i'll have to start paying tax ! well buggar that man it's cheaper to pay the odd fine.
    KEEP CANNABIS ILEGAL we need the money circulating around the people not the chancellors coffers.
  • Options
    Isnt it a bit odd to campain for legalisation when because of international treaties this isnt possible?
    Also whats the name of that treaty again?
    It was put forward by Harry Anslinger wasnt it?

Are you protesting against this treaty and if you are how? If not how do you expect legalisation to happen?

Do you think that this downgrading is just to save police time and to formalise the situation that was already in force in London or is it the start of a move towards a full change?

Personaly I think the move is just to protect the police from a shameful EU court case about 'fair and equal treatment' what do you think?

What are you doing to try and change 'ordinary' peoples opinion of cannabis use? Because to my mind cannabis smokers alone will not be able to pull of any major changes in law.
  • Options
    bongbudda;

1 - The main international treaty is the ‘UN Single Convention on Narcotics’, which is why cannabis IS NOT legal in Holland, just tolerated – which would be the starting point here. However, certain expert legal advice the party has received suggests ways around the convention, which would allow us to legalise. The LibDem national policy is to go Dutch, and lobby for changes to the convention.

2 - The party is, via pressure on the Home Office and main parties, plus YOU can sign these on-line petition set-up by the LCA:
    Denounce the UN Single Convention on Narcotics HERE!

Legalise Cannabis in the UK Now!

3 - No, I think it has more than just saving police resources – the OTHER Human Rights issue of being allowed to do whatever you like in your own home as long as its not harmful to others or yourself, was coming up as a defence to home raids. The experts support the fact its less harmful than legal drugs, so a victory under section 8 was in sight.

Crown Court juries were refusing to convict medical users; including ‘dealers’ supplying medical only customers was also blowing a big hole in the law.

Public views have changed so much, with the 60s generation growing-up, that the public doesn’t support the present law and unpopular laws become increasingly difficult to enforce.

Like all EU countries, we are under instruction from a 97 directive that requires reforms of the cannabis laws.

Among other reasons.

4 - 'Ordinary' people include cannabis smokers or those that know cannabis smokers; a recent poll showed 87% of adults ‘knew’ someone that enjoyed cannabis.

Hence public opinion is currently well ahead of the government’s on this issue. People don’t have a problem with cannabis, but they want to see crime reduction and reduction in hard drug use. The issue is a vote winner.

LCA supporters, with no or little funding, do their best to reach the reducing number of prohibitionists – using the media (from published letters to live TV interviews), speeches to community groups, contact with politicians of all parties on the issue, door-to-door leaflets at election time – and if we get 120 to stand next general election, a party political broadcast on all the main TV networks!

LCA’s National Executive is in regular contact with the Home Office and presented evidence to the Homes Affairs Select Committee, prior to publication of their recent report.

• Options
    Of course but there has been moves in parts of the EU towards the right wing of politics and this isnt going to help.

I mean Holland has closed a lot of its cafes hasnt it?

I know that Portugal has decriminalised drug use but to my mind there seems to be a polerization of opinion, where by some people think that its not working so to dump the law, some think that they're not working so make them tighter.

There has been a swing towards liberalism in the EU over the last few years and I think it will swing back a bit in some parts.
  • Options
    well while thier all swinging from left to right from yes to no and back again, guess what i'll be doing ?
  • Options
    ok im pretty sure this met your criteria.

is it not true that when a cigarette is smoked with a roach and not a filter in, you get 4 times the amount of tar than in a filter cig or something along those lines? and seeing as how weed is supposed to have a lot more tar than bacco in, does all this tar not end up in your lungs? and the excuse "you dont smoke as many joints as you do cigs" doesnt apply because some people smoke more than 10 spliffs a day. [im all mixed up now]. And iv just thought of another question, say the tar in the weed doesnt do you any damage, does the tobacco tar still damage you? i think you should get what i mean. Cheers 4 answerin if u do mate
    Duffy
  • Options
    Never heard the amount of tar increasing that much, but yes more would be delivered without a filter.

However, it's reduced slightly if you use a roach - against a roll-up with no roach, rather than a ciggie.

So, swings & roundabouts. However, there are an increasing number of people, and with education this will increase further, which smoke the herb neat - which is far healthier.

Others just cook with it or use a vaporiser, both methods being even healthier.

Concerning the world's largest research project into cannabis & cancer I am pleased to report:

BOSTON 30/1/97 (United Press Int’) – The US federal government has failed to make public its own 1994 study that undercuts its position that cannabis is carcinogenic – a $2 million [yes TWO million] study by the National Toxicology Programme.

The deputy director of the programme, John Bucher, said the STUDY FOUND ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER.

In fact, animals that received THC had FEWER cancers. Bucher denies his agency had been pressured to shelve the report; saying the delay in making it public was due to personnel shortage. [3 years!?!]

ANOTHER STUDY (the World’s largest) taking in 65,000 over 10 years and published by ‘Kaiser Permanente’ in 1997 said; “Relatively few adverse clinical effects from the CHRONIC use of cannabis has been documented in humans, the risks associated with cannabis smoking were lower than for tobacco smoking.”

I rest my case.

[would the government now please take the stand!]

• Options
    talking of vaporisers, how do they work? iv always imagined the weed dissapearing for some reason [vaporizing] but thats me n im a fool
    Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    talking of vaporisers, how do they work?

Bascially THC vaporises before burning point - so you get to take in the THC without harmful smoking particles!

They are selling like hot cakes, my supplier is finding it hard to meet demand - 2 week delay on supplies now, earlier this year; next day delivery.
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

Bascially THC vaporises before burning point - so you get to take in the THC without harmful smoking particles!

They are selling like hot cakes, my supplier is finding it hard to meet demand - 2 week delay on supplies now, earlier this year; next day delivery.

kool, so people who buy em off ya get to smoke weed all day without having to worry about health risks, and you get a loada money! everyones a winner then basically

id buy one but
    a) im not 18 or wotever it is you need to be to have a credit card
    b)my mum'd kinda go crazy if strange pipey things appeared in my mail
    :(

Duffy
  • Options
    Yes they get a heathly hit - no I don't make loads of money:(

My business is part-time & I draw enough to pay my bills, I am a full-time campaigner and I get donations from local growers, who support the campaign, of herb :cool:

The man the makes them, works flat out now, and earns a good wage - but it's still a cottage industry.

There's only one or two 'big-boys' in the canna-business;)
  • Options
    Christ the drugs forum is getting all these intelligent discussions goin on, for fucks sake were all brain dead, homeless, scum incapable of opinions, who the hell do you all think you are ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    for fucks sake were all brain dead, homeless, scum incapable of opinions, who the hell do you all think you are ?

Homeless?? - As without computer:confused:

brain dead & incapable of opinions?? - When you are knocking on 40, you, at least try, to project an image other than it is;)

:p:D
  • Options
    EBB ????? when did you sneak back in here ? parents went for it then ? fell for it i mean !