Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dropping For First Time.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After Reading all the mad things that has happened to people on ectasy....i have decided i want to drop for my first time....my brother does it and says its wiked feeling and u feel more in with the music....i know somebody who has dropped before and if i drop with him he will look after me!!

The things that is running in the back of my mind is that i am allergic to penicillan and i dont want this to affect me whilst dropping!

I got told to take half of one first then see how i go....he also told me that if i am scared to take them i shouldnt bother....i dj around my town and would taking pills affect my djing or will it enhance my djing....:cool:

I really wanna try it but i wanna know these things before i drop for my first time.....

Any response is kindly appreciated....Thanx for all ya help on this matter

DJ Havoc

Comments

• Options
    after reading your letter a couple of times i came to the conclusion you should go for it mate. get a full one down your throat and have a great time.
  • Options
    As long as you wanna take it because you want to, and you're not being pressured, then go for it. On a personal side, i'd take half to see how you feel, then take the other half a bit later. I did it this way my first time, glad i did coz the first half sent me into fucking hyperdrive! And i'm sure you know all the rest, keeping cool, plenty of water, juice etc. Have fun:)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I'd go ahead and do a whole one, but I would recommend doing it in a calm comfortable enviroment first i.e not a club and although you may enjoy the music more, I wouldn't recommend Djing while on it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    While ur up off the pill u will find it extremely hard to DJ coz it will be hard for u to concentrate so i wudnt recomend dropping if u gotta play sumwhere.

But i found that my appreciation of dance music increased loads, and i fell completely in love with it (trance that is, all i do is live and breathe it) And to be a DJ u gotta love the music ur into.

I do recommend doing a half first, see how it goes then do another half. It is unlikely u will come across a pill with penicillin in it but u might.
  • Options
    Yeah i dont have a bad reaction to penicillan just come up with rashes......i have come to the decision i am going to.....i want to badly have one....i will tell ya my experience when i have it....but i still want some advice!! :)
  • Options
    TEST TEST TEST!!!!!

Sorry but it really isnt that hard to lay your hands on a testing kit and that would put your mind at ease as to whats in them. Personaly I would think there would be no chance of your allergy being a problem what so ever.
    I wouldnt think that a whole one first time is a great idea, especialy if your nervous, try a half, you can always do more but you cant take it back if you do too much.
  • Options
    Have to agree with the people so far, take half and see how you go. However wait for a good 30-45 mins before feeling the effects, the danger is that you do the half, get impatient then gobble more as you don't feel anything. The effects you should look out for (well the warning signs for me anyway) are a grin appearing on your face for no apparent reason and a strange tingly, floaty feeling. Hard to explain really but you'll get the idea.

Also if you want to sit down and chill out, sit down and chill out - don't worry about losing your mates, you'll make new ones on the sofas.

Just don't do what I did first time: I took three and a half, puked in the toilets and sat in the corner for hours gurning and rolling my eyes into the back of my brain. I enjoyed myself but I think I freaked my mates out!
  • Options
    Hmmm well all testing kit do is prove if there is ecstacy in the pill, some show if there are things like ket, dmx and stuff. But if there was some penicillin in the pill it wouldnt show up.

Plus if he doesnt have acredit card, or any1 he knows doesnt have 1, then he will have trouble ordering it off the net.
  • Options
    Well i am finally gonna go for it not this weekend but the next.....I cant wait ;)....Its gonna be bezerk....i am gonna take them in someones house first before i start taking them in the clubs.....So what type of music is best for pilling to???......Dirty Hard House or some uplifiting Trance??

I Am so excited lol....anyone would think its xmas lol
  • Options
    Well I cant 100% garentee that your pill will not have penacillin in it. However lets look at it this way;
    Your a pill maker, now you've gone to the bother of finding a pill press etc. Now are you going to go to the extra bother of growing or buying penacillin to put in these pills?
    No your not.

If you are worried I would think that the only way that you could get penacillin would be for someone to sell a penacillin pill as XTC. Now what you want to do before you take it is to look on rxlist.com and ask about the markings of your pills. OR phone your local hospital and say that you have found a pill in your brother/sister/mothers room, what is it. If by some bazzar mistake it is penacillin then they will be able to tell you by the markings.

As for the testing kit, the E-Z test that I use comes as two bottles of liquid. You scrape a little of your pill onto two piles on a white dish and then put a drop of the liquids on each. Now they will change colour depending on what you pill contains.
    DXM is highly unlikely in the UK but if it is that then it will turn grey and fizz.
    Other chemicals with make it change other colours, there is a slight draw back in that if it contains high dose of mdma then the liquid will go black and you may not realise that it has speed in it too but you can normaly tell it a little of the liquid turns yellowish.

This test is NOT faultless, it gives you a good idea of whats in your pills. Idealy you can get hold of chromo plates but they are quite hard to use and expencive.

For your first time I'd recomend doing a pill that someone you know has done first.
  • Options
    drugs are bad m'kay
  • Options
    I would suggest also that it may well change your view of going out. Just getting drunk at the pub does seem a little tame compared to partying all night in a scummy warehouse somewhere.
  • Options
    After seeing everyones help...i have come to the decision that i am gonna do it :D

So keep ya eyes peeled on here for a E Virgin Diary kinda thing :p
  • Options
    have a great weekend.