Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ayia Napa??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi Everyone i was wondering if anyone has been to Ayia Napa recently and what they thought of it. Me and some mates want to go in September and i have said i will find out about it..can anyone help..cheers :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A load of mates have just come back from there a few days ago and they loved it. Said it was quite expensive but they somehow managed to blag there way into alot of the clubs. They had their photo taken in the dj box with Trevor Nelson, lucky gets. They absolutely loved it and want to go back so I think you'd be glad if you did go.
    I think your the only person to say something good about it, so many people are telling me horror stories ahout it i'm getting too scared to go..cheers

Went to Ibiza in May(good package deal, now i know why it was so cheap) all the bloody clubs were shut! we were gutted, so i need to get more clued up before we go as i dont want that happening again!!!

Thanx
    My sister went and had a blast, got involved in everything that was going on, organised trips and stuff, and generally blagging drink wherever possible.

She did say it is very, very expensive though, so start saving.
    Well if you like garage music (I guess someone must) then its suposed to be the place to go, however there are draw backs, its not like ibiza in its lackness to drugs.
    The police there are real hard ases, if you are planning to consume drugs then be VERY careful, they'll take you in and lock you up, unlike the ibiza police who couldnt give a fuck.
    Personaly I think garage is for the weak.
    I had an excellent time, came back about 3 weeks ago! I thought it was really cheap, drinks and food wise but the clubs with the big named DJ's can be expensive.

We heard loads of rumers about it being unsafe and everything but I felt safer there than I did in Kavos. It does depend on what time of the season you go. The music was brilliant and I will hopefully return some day!

You'll have loads to do and the weather was really hot!!

Have fun!!:p
    Thanks for all the advice it looks like i'll be going at the start of September so i'll let you all know how it goes.

I would rather go back to Ibiza i loved it even though most of the clubs were shut we made the most of it and had a wicked time.

The pills we got out there we're the best i've done in years they didn't taste of anything so when i took them i thought we had been knocked and just decided to get very drunk, then they hit me in one go and the rest of the night was a blur! The people i'm going with this time probably wont be doing that (strange but true) so i dont have to worry about the police!

Anyway better go or i'll get the sack then i wont be going anywhere!!

See ya

x:)
    Went to Napa in 2000 and 2001. Top place. Big clubbing events EVERY night. Not once a month like 2 bob Faliraki. Napa is great.
    i really want to go to napa. was planning on going this year but ended up going to faliraki instead. fingers crossed ill be going next year
    went to Protaras last year n went to Aiya Napa for a nite, 2 b honest I found it really cheesy, expensive n full of p!ssed up lary bastards, never been but I reckon I'd prefer Ibiza, better atmosphere by the sounds of things n the ppl r on a nicer level... n far better music
    Originally posted by ObviouslyBlonde
    better atmosphere by the sounds of things n the ppl r on a nicer level... n far better music

The majority of places in Ibiza would have better music...BUT every resort caters for all kinds of music. Most of the resorts get labelled for no good reason. Napa is all R n B and Garage apparently. I've had some great nights in Napa Dreams (hard house and trance), Rock Gardens and the best clubbing night I had out there was Brandon Block at the Castle Club in 2000. There is something for everyone, everywhere.
    Soz m8, guess I was kinda generalizin, just sayin its not really my kinda scene, n the only music I encountered out there was garage, with realllly reallllly annoyin MC's!
    Admittedly you don't really need to shop around in Ibiza for the music you want, but do so elsewhere to be rewarded! I thought girls loved shopping around too? ;)
    lol well I love shoppin this is true, I wouldn't be female if I didn't!!
    I went napa this year for the second year running. It wasnt as good or as busy as last year, but it was still a brilliant holiday. 12 of us went and everyone loved it. There werent as many top dj and mc's out there this year but EZ, Masterstepz, DJ Luck, Little Charlie, Timmi Magic, Funky Smith, Viper, CKP and MC Supplier were all out there.

Definitely worth going, if not Faliraki is buzzing at the moment and a lot of the top garage names are out there as well.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well if you like garage music (I guess someone must) Personaly I think garage is for the weak.

I MC... that make me weak too? :rolleyes: