Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nitros oxide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone kno where i could find nitros oxide in the US and if that nos stuff they use in drag cars would work and give me and idea of how much it costs

Comments

• Options
    The risks of NOS are level with the more extreme risks of solvents (it's classed as an 'inhalant' or 'volatile substance')

Gases, glues and aerosols

It has been mentioned before, I'd recommend doing a search - grey button top right of page.
  • Options
    N2O isnt actualy as dangerous as solvents is it? I thought that it didnt have much of a depressive impact on the breathing and heart rate. I maybe wrong though.

The main problem that I can see is that as your breathing it in pure then you have to take breaths of normal air too, otherwise you suffercate.

I wouldnt recomend it, I think its illegal in the US anyway.
  • Options
    After doing a bit of research I came up with this, check www.erowid.org for full info on almost every drug ever.

"Although generaly considered quite safe when used medically and sparingly, it has some negative health consequences when used chronically. Heavy Nitrous use can lead to a depletion of vitamin B12. This can cause numbing of fine nerve endings, especially noticeable in the fingers and toes. Supplements of B12 may reduce the chances of this occurring in heavy users. Shots of B12 are given as a treatment for advanced depletion. If left untreated B12 deficiency can lead to long-term damage.

Most of the acute dangers associated with Nitrous Oxide are related to accidents during ingestion. In medical applications, Nitrous is dispensed in combination with Oxygen. Inhaling Nitrous alone is not required to get full effects, the effects are the result of the nitrous in the system, not of oxygen deprivation. It is important for users to take breaths of air between hits.

A handful of people also suffocate each year while using nitrous in the US when the balloon, garbage bag, or mask used to inhale the nitrous stays on the person's face as they fade from consciousness. Some tank-users also suffocate when the valve is left open in a confined space such as a car or small room"