Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Allergies-Condoms..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm pretty sure i am allergic to condoms cuz whenever i have protected sex it hurts ..well burns but not with unprotected..
but i'm not allergic to latex tho so i dunno whats up with that..
and i have another question
everytime i have sex with someone i haven't before (only 4 guys) i get a bladder infection whether i use protection or not..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could be a latex allergy, or you might be allergic to certain spermicides. Try 'Allergy' condoms, or non-latex condoms instead.

Having said that, it might be nothing to do with condoms at all. Could be an allergy to bubble bath, a thrush infection, or a number of other things, including STIs. Think about going for a checkup.

If you have problems every time you have a new partner, make sure you take it slowly the first time, and use some water-based lubricant.
    There are non-latex ones out I think they are called Avanti...

The bladder problem thing - you may be prone to Cysitis which can be cause by too much sex...

Try using different hygeine products - no artificial colors, perfumes etc... and used Glycerin based soaps. Even try changing your Washing Machine Powder!!

Also what may be happening is that the condoms can make a woman more dry and you may be cutting/stretching the skin and making it really sore. Get a big tube'o'lube - KY or something...

But best advice, Like Karla said - go talk to the doctor about it - especially the bladder thing. Get yourself tested at a clinic - professional, friendly and frankly non-embarrasing... just for peace of mind... plus you can get a supply of the essentials!
    My girlfriend is allergic to the extra safe ones, but not others so it might just be the spermicide stuff that they put on them.
    So i would sya change the type of condom you use and see if that has any effect.
    Nonoxynil-9 an HIV killing spermicide has quite a high intollerance rate. Try getting unlubed ones, nonqxynil-9 free ones, and Avanti (non latex) give em all a try and see what does/doesn't affect you. Just pop along to your local GUM and they're all free.