Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Results day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Aaaaarrrgh!!!!!! Me is getting nervous about the 15th August!!! My chemistry teacher said I could open them with her.

So what is everyone going to be doing for results day? I'm going to the college, and will probably cry either way :p

What sort of results is everyone expecting? I need ABBB but I am expecting BCCD cos my exams went badly. Hurray for retakes in Jan ;)

Just a quick note to say good luck and I hope everyone will post their results so we can celebrate :D or cry together :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    My cousin who I am going to Tenerife with will be here so she is gonna come with me to college to collect my results. Most of my mates are going out that night to celebrate/comiserate but I leave for Tenerife at 5am on the 16th so I will be having an early night.

As for actual results grades, hmm I dunno & I wouldn't really like to try & guess but I don't think i've done that well. I won't get all my results this time round anyway coz my college is crap & half the equipment people needed to do the coursework (ie the editing suite for my Media project) either didn't work properly or wasn't avaliable so I won't get half my results till March sort of time.

Good luck everyone! :)
    that reminds me of last year i got my GCSE results in the morning and had to leave to get to gatwick at 4 so i missed all the drunken parties but the again i did get to celebrate in the sun!!

good luck to you all!!!! :D
    ugh, I am completely dreading results day.

I know I haven't done brilliantly and I'm panicked because I need BCC (or 260 points) and if I don't get in to my chosen uni I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I don't have an insurance offer and there's hardly anywhere else that does the course how I want it. I can't do retakes coz my uni course doesn't exist next year....arghhhhhhh!!

Good luck everyone.
    *hugs to you all*

Been there, done that.

I promise it won't be as bad as you possibly think!

I was convinced I had failed all mine, let alone got the correct grades for entry to uni; but it was all okay in the end!

Honestly; it will be all fine.

:)
    Ugh, don't remind me!! My results are going to be so sucky because... well long story, but they're going to be shit, so I'm not looking forwards to my parents finding out, and my friends comparing their results with mine.

I will be in England at the time, so my parents are going to see my results before I do, as they will be faxing them to me.... Great. I suppose I will be going out afterwards to drown my sorrows in pints of beer. woohoo!
    I have no idea of the exact date I get comfirmation of my Nation Diploma in Computing. Must be around the same time as the A Level results come out. I have the added bonus of having it sent through the post :D No Trapsing into College for me.

Good luck to one and all!
    i know im gunna do shit in my results and ive just excepted it now:( . Im doing AVCE art which is done in units so i kinda know what im going to get. It's either DE or fail. It's not entirely my fault though because the course was so shit and the marking system was a piss take. Most people i have talked to about the course feel the same way.
    Im also doing English Lit and i have worked my arse off at it but find it really hard. I got D at AS so my grade wont be good this year which is really frustrating.
    Think im gunna be getting rather drunk on the 15th:D
    In the words of my MUM It's fate. Somethign always come from somthing else and it's true. My brother didn't get into dentistry but now hes a teacher and loves it!! All works for the best! (not 100% sure i fully believe it though)
    dono if any1 read the post, "results day im shitting myself", anyways i probably shouldve posted my fears here, nevermind tho.. thanks to thefairmelissa.. gd constructive advice..
    here are my results:

Maths 1
    English 1
    Biz management 1
    Graphic Communication 1
    Computing 1
    History 1
    Physics 1
    German 3
    Originally posted by squawkBOX

Biz management 1
    Graphic Communication 1

Well done squawk!!! :D:D

But what the heel are they *points upperwards* damn perils of being at a tiny school: no feckin choice.
    What are all those numbers? What do they indicate? Why do you punish us so? ^_^ :D:D
    I need AAB to go to my uni of choice - Oxford.

Thanks for the warning thefairmelissa - dont think im gonna get fireworks if i pass, but i might get a bit of sparkling wine if i'm lucky.

The worst thing about results day is that i MAY have to open my results in front of tv cameras as the college has invited them to come down on thursday and they've warned me i'm prime target [its basically cos they think i'll make a good story cos both my cousin and i have had offers from oxford, and because i did a lot of student union work during the college year and still *hopefully* got good grades]

If i do fail then well i did my best. I've told my parents if the worst happens I'll drop my academic hopes and do a BTEC Performing Arts
    (no offence to any performing arts students, its just my parents would HATE it if i was to study theatre and acting!)
    8 days now until GCSE results day! And for A level's its only 1! Good luck! :D
    1=A
    2=B
    3=C
    4=D

etc etc

i got

Biology-1
    Modern Studies-1
    History-1
    Chemistry-2
    Home Ec-2
    English-2
    Maths-3
    French-3

i was SOOOOOOOOO happy coz i thought i had totaly failed my maths and chemistry but now i can stay in the same higher classes as i picked...YAY!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

one big problem though-only my grans cared enough to congratulate me :( that really upset me
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    one big problem though-only my grans cared enough to congratulate me :( that really upset me

Congratulations Char_Baby!!
    Awwww

thanx

*feels emotional tears coming on* !!!:D
    C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S!!deeppink