Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

slimming tablets!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi are these bad and do they cause any long term problems?? all replies will be helpful!
thankz luv jai ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A friend of mine tried them once didn't really do much for her. I wouldn't recommend them myself.

How old are you?
    How much do you weigh now? Height? BMI?
    What do you want to go down to?

The best way to lose weight (and keep it off) is a sensible diet and exercise. If you are really serious about losing weight go and consult your GP about it.
    One word to say about these things, NO!!!!!

A woman I work with started taking these 3 months ago and lost 2 stone in her first month. (Btw this is a 42 year old woman, you'd think she'd be a bit more sensible!). I dont know what kind of ones you're thinking about but the ones she took she knew nothing about. She bought them thru someone who advertised in a newspaper. She didnt know what was in them or anything.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, she took these tablets daily and ate 1 piece of toast a day. She stopped taking them about 3 weeks ago and has been off work ever since cos she keeps being sick and has the shakes. Nice.

Give me sensible eating and a few trips to the gym any day!
    Slimming pills/injections are usually amphetamines, and they are a really bad idea. They are risky, and can never substitute for healthy eating and regular exercise.

Amphetamine risks
This discussion has been closed.