Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help me please!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im in dire need, i go back to skool in like a week but i dnt want to go back and i want to take a year out-im 17-.but my mum and dad said that i cant just lay around the house so what is there availale for me to do.i live in aberdeen scotland. oh and what kinda work is there for me how do i get a job?:s. oh and how do u rite a cv?-can u do it on microsoft word?. help would be most gratefull:) :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like your mum and dad are right. At 17, you really should be able to spell words like "school", "write" and "available".

You can write CVs in anything from Word to blood, but if you can't spell you probably won't land a brilliant job.
  • Options
    Not true- there are plenty of jobs you can do without needing to spell- catering, child care, building/manual work.

What course are you on? Maybe you should swap courses to something you are interested in.
  • Options
    Whilst not really wishing to labour a point which was only half serious in the first place, folk do a lot better in this world if they at least have the appearance of being educated. Spelling like a kid won't get you very far. I pity the caterer, child carer or builder who doesn't know how to spell. Caterers will probably have to list food, carer's might find it handy to be able to write notes to whoever's kids they're looking after and builders may have to do a quote one day.

Get educated, then take a year off doing whatever the hell you like.
  • Options
    Hiya, welcome to TheSite

Frst of all, why has it suddenly become an issue one week before term begins? Do you have health problems, have trouble with your studies, feel bored with college, or have trouble with lovelife or friends? Are you being bullied? Do you secretly want to drop out of college, rather than take a year off?

You need to be able to talk it through logically with your parents and your teachers if you want to make a good case for having a gap year. Also, gap years need planning well in advance if you want to get the best out of them.

Some more stuff about Gap Years here:

If you wait until you are 18 you will find that you have more options.

Stuff about getting a job here.
  • Options
    there are C.V. templates in Microsoft Office (you might have got it included with MS Word 2000. on my machine they're located at Start\My Computer\Local Disk C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Professional Resume.doc
  • Options
    You are only 17 and if i were you i would stick school out, and then go on to college... Wit the amount of work on offer at the moment i think you would be crazy packing it in if only for a year, you should go at it hard get good qualifications.. hense a good job and then you will have enough money to take time off...
  • Options
    You've only got a year left cant you just stick it out?! You'll get a much better job after completing 6th form than you'll get if you leave now!