Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Football Kits 2002/3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
One of the "delights" of a new season is the new kits. I think Dan referred to it once before.

Whilst most are reasonable and some are cool, others (like the old brown Coventry away kit) bring tears to the eyes of opponents such is the hilarity.

This brings me to my question:

Has anyone seen the new Tottenham kit? LMFAO :D

My local pub team looks better...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    New Tottenham kit

Do you have a picture? Tottenham kits do tend to look fairly dreadful, don't they?

I have to say, Man. Utd.'s new kit looks the business, doesn't it? A kit worthy of a £30million defender, don't you think? And no alarming yellow.
    The away kit is a bit drab...

Don't like the neck of the new Liverpool shirt, but then don't like them either :p

Arsenal's seems alot whiter than before...not sure how my brother will take that, the sad gooner that he is... He's already pissed about the badge change.
    I have to say I like your new kit :) wearing it now, quite comfortable, good look to it :)
    I dont like the leeds strip too much both have that scratchy material :eek: i really do not like it.
    Originally posted by ebb
    I have to say I like your new kit :) wearing it now, quite comfortable, good look to it :)

:eek: :confused:
    I don't know... to me the new away Man U strip looks a lot like Leeds' ... :p
    Originally posted by ebb

Oooooooooooooooooooops, quite ironic its the letter y that slips into the post un-noticed :mad: :(

Thats our new kit :o
    Originally posted by ebb

Oooooooooooooooooooops, quite ironic its the letter y that slips into the post un-noticed :mad: :(

Thats our new kit :o

Normal service is resumed.

It certainly made me laugh...
    Where are these new kits? I haven't seen any apart from a brief glimpse of Arsenal's kit. Made me laugh as it has a jocking great huge 0 on the front :D
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    Where are these new kits? I haven't seen any apart from a brief glimpse of Arsenal's kit. Made me laugh as it has a jocking great huge 0 on the front :D

If you think the Arsenal home kit is bad wait 'til you see the away kit, it's a real monstrosity! :mad:
    I thought it would be good for my first post on here to be about my pettiness as a Spurs fan. :rolleyes: :D

I can't, no matter how hard I try, reconcile myself into accepting the red "Thomsons" on the Spurs home kit. No. Try as I might, I can't be grown up about this. I'll be getting the away kit. :D:p
    I think the lesson is clear chaps. Don't buy club shirts. They are stupidly overpriced, for starters. Considering they're made in some stinky sweatshop in Asia for about 70p. And by buying them we encourage this mega-rich, money-obsessed football club culture. Let's face it, there is seldom a reason for changing the kit so often. The fact that clubs like Man U have released as many as 10 kits in 3 seasons says it all. Then again, fans should have the strength to tell their kids to fuck off when they insist on having the latest shirt.
    The new Blackburn home and away kits are cool :D

Other than Rovers, I like Newcastle's home kit.

Oh and hello to the regulars on here, I was Liv4now's Sport moderator but we have all migrated here now :)
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I think the lesson is clear chaps. Don't buy club shirts. They are stupidly overpriced, for starters. Considering they're made in some stinky sweatshop in Asia for about 70p. And by buying them we encourage this mega-rich, money-obsessed football club culture. Let's face it, there is seldom a reason for changing the kit so often. The fact that clubs like Man U have released as many as 10 kits in 3 seasons says it all. Then again, fans should have the strength to tell their kids to fuck off when they insist on having the latest shirt.

There's something in what you say and in an ideal world replica kits would be much cheaper. But then, so would tickets to matches. Football in general is overpriced.
    Re: New Football Kits 2002/3
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Has anyone seen the new Tottenham kit? LMFAO :D

My local pub team looks better...

They probably play better too. ;)

*hides from Angie*
    Re: Re: New Football Kits 2002/3
    Originally posted by satan

They probably play better too. ;)

*hides from Angie*

Tis futile. I always find you.
    Originally posted by Angie

There's something in what you say and in an ideal world replica kits would be much cheaper. But then, so would tickets to matches. Football in general is overpriced.

Football is overpriced because nobody has tried to stop it from becoming so.

Though the quality of football nowadays is far superior, I'd personally prefer it if playing football was still seen as a trade (in the same way that bricklaying is) rather than a lucrative career. You'd probably find that players would work harder if they were being paid less.