Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kryptonic Ghost

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night while talkign to a friend on msn messenger they recieved a weird message after they sent me a file, it went something like this: The Riot Be The Rhyme Of The Unheard says:
Welcome to Kryptonic Ghosts Automatic File Accept and run System created by SpikE from http://Elite-Oracle.cjb.net
Please write lots of crap to this user now so that it hides the file invitation

The Riot Be The Rhyme Of The Unheard says:
Kryptonic Ghost Commencing automatic file transfer of Baby and dog!.bmp

the files new directory will be C:\WINDOWS\
If this file is an EXE file then you can open it on the victims PC by simply typing **

I searched over the internet for ways to remove this, i came across the following site.
kryptonic Ghost Removal

After following the exact points shown, the virus is still on my machine so i was hoping someone out there would be able to tell me a program or piece of software that will remove it for me, i have tried anti-virus software but it cant find it, though i know its still there!

Sorry for the long winded question but i need help, cheers in advance.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    best thing to do is talk to Spike.
    last time i met up with him, his address was sparky_69uk@hotmail.com.

to be perfectly honest with you mate I'm not sure if he'll be able to help much for a little while (hes just deleted the source code for Kryptonic Ghost and started again from scratch).

hope it works out in the end
    ~Braidsta

ps...try this...
    go to RUN on your start menu.
    type MSCONFIG and click OK.
    you should get a window.
    click the STARTUP tab at the top.
    You'll see a list of the things your computor runs when you turn it on.
    De-select the thing called RUNDLL34 (_make_sure_its_RUNDLL34_)
    save your changes...it should be ok from now on.

(by the way...this is what i did to get rid of it, and sorry i dont mean to tell you how to do it like you're a moron or anything like that...i just wanted to make sure i cover every step to make it easier to understand and explain)

oh yeah...you may have also noticed that since you were infected by KG, the ALT+CTRL+DEL command doesnt work.
    You can get round this (if you are VERY quick) by hitting the ALT+CTRL+DEL keys _as_soon_as_you_see_the_desktop_.
    (when you see your background but the icons etc havent loaded yet).
    when it works you'll see a few things loaded...click cancel then immediatly do the ALT+CTRL+DEL again...keep doing this till you see the RUNDLL34, click it and terminate it.

there ya go...couple of ways i managed to rid myself of the annoying KG.
    So basically what your saying is KG is a simple little startup item?

hmmmmm... hardly seems like a 'worry' to me

You could suss out where this thing is by attempting 'Safe Mode' whilst booting up or by pressing F8 for advanced start-up options...
    if u can't get rid of it using virus killing software u might have to format your hard drive but still there's no guarantee th@ you'll get rid of it:confused: