Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wah wah wah

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday I signed up and paid for a course of sun bed sessions. I used the sun bed regularly a few years ago and had no problems with it. When I went on this morning it was fine, I did not feel uncomfortable. Then I went for an interview and felt irritated, I thought it was because I was wearing a woolen top against my skin. I got home and changed, to discover that my entire back, upper legs, bum, stomach and breasts and bright pink! It is horrible. I can't believe I am so badly burnt, maybe it's because the sun beds the council has are crap compared to the ones I used to use? (at a private gym?) I didn't even know you could get burnt from sun beds (call me thick). And I have already paid for 5 sessions upfront! :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, and does anyone have any idea how I can cream my back? (There's no-one home and even when my Mum gets back I can't tell her 'cos she will nag at me for using a sun bed in the first place).
    You could try having a shower and using some after sun showergel. when you get out use one of those sponges on a stick and rub it in to your back failing that ring a mate to try and help. I really dont know what you could do.

about the bed.... how long were you on it for? next time try using a low factor sun cream or complain and tell them that you were very badly burnt and you want to get your money back. You may also of had some oil or used some cream in the bath and this had effected it. I am not sure of what else you could do.

Im sorry i wasnt much help

*DEVIL* :)
    I spent 12 minutes on the bed. I don't have a shower :(

My face and arms are fine and look very healthy but I suppose they are used to the sun.

I know it is my own fault but no one there showed me how to use it or gave me any help, in fact they were very patronising and spoke to me as though I was 12 years old just because I forgot my booking card. Grrr. I look a right mess now, so much for wearing strappy tops! Brown arms, red back and chest, white strips down my sides!
    *hugs*

i hate sunburn its terrible :( Im going on holiday on thursday to lanzarote the only thingi dread is the sunburn :(
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    *hugs*

i hate sunburn its terrible :( Im going on holiday on thursday to lanzarote the only thingi dread is the sunburn :(

THEN USE SUNBLOCK AND DON'T SPEND ALL DAY LYING IN THE SUN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I was going to say you shouldn't spend more than 12 minutes on a bed, but looks like you already followed that rule. Yeah, you can get burnt on them. My sister runs a place that has the beds...she's always trying to get me to try them, but I still haven't.

To get lotion on your burn, maybe you could put lotion on the wall of the shower and rub up against it like the bear from Jungle Book used to rub up against trees to scratch his back?
    Originally posted by barbie

THEN USE SUNBLOCK AND DON'T SPEND ALL DAY LYING IN THE SUN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Down girl!
    Please tone down a bit.
    No need to be aggressive!
    I'm always afraid to get sunburned too and it's not for lack of sunblock but because I burn very easily. So don't just jump to conclusions.