Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Clubbing Sux :D

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To dislike a genre of music due to the perception you have of some of the fans is a bit odd IMO.
    I don't go to garage or jungle clubs, but I like both genres of music...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    To dislike a genre of music due to the perception you have of some of the fans is a bit odd IMO.

When did I say that is why I dislike Garage?

Sorry if I was unclear in my last post but what I was trying to say is that I see enough of a difference in the Music for me to dislike one and enjoy listening to the other!
    Weekender Offender 
    I originally posted that, not bongbuddha.
    Sorry if I misunderstood you.
    Anyway, I still stand by my original point - there is a lot of crossover between the jungle and garage scenes.
    For the record, I hate all the bullshit macho gangsta posturing that comes with garage, and used to be part of the jungle scene as well. But that kind of posturing comes from the Jamaican dancehall/ragga scene which has quite an influence on early jungle and UK garage, theres a good article here
    http://debate.uvm.edu/dreadlibrary/thielen.html
    about 'slackness' in the reggae/dancehall scene.
    Sometimes to understand a music and its associated culture, you have to know a bit about the history of where it comes from. But having said that, if you don't like it, you don't like it, fairynuff, but don't dismiss the connections between jungle and UK garage - they are there.
    Obelay,

the "clubbing people"((hmm..who come from the club planet??)) have pea sized brains,and its a well known fact that absolutely everyone who goes clubbing takes drugs,honestly,look at the syringe stockpiles outside :rolleyes:
    And they are generally all dropouts from school / college ((yeah,right)),blokes trying to impress the sluts ((fact of life)) because anyone with a brain doesn`t need to be herded together with a group of pissed morons to have fun,((I kinda agree))and the music is sh1te anyway ((its not the music,its the bass..)).And afterwards all they want to do is fight and smash up cars / windows. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ((Again,untrue.they also start fights with ordinary members of the public and throw glass bottles at them)).

Seriously,told to me by my 14 year old nephew,he is an expert you see and from his years of clubbing experiance he shared his wisdom.I thought i`d share it with you.Do you want his e-mail address??? You should start a campaign against clubs!! (C.A.C):rolleyes:

Seriously though,try a wider range of clubs before you generalise them and write them off.