Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cream closing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Looks like another 1 of the superclbs might be closing its doors for its weekly events

http://www.cream.co.uk/news.php?newsID=87

Due to a shift in dance trends from nightclubs towards large-scale events and festivals the Cream group announced today that it is entering into a 30 day review period to assess the future of its nightclub operation at Nation in Liverpool.

The company has experienced first hand a significant shift away from the weekly club nights towards the highly successful large-scale events like Creamfields and Cream X10 arena tour.

The Lomax Live Venue will continue to trade from the premises unaffected. The section of Nation that Cream traded from will be closed for the rest of the summer - reopening for Cream residents night on August 31st, a private party on Sept 14th and Creams 10th birthday on October 11th and 12th.

Creamfields Liverpool will be unaffected and the company will maintain it’s social and charitable commitments.

Quote from James Barton CEO Cream ...
James Barton C.E.O. “10 years on it is time to re-evaluate where we are as a company and assess where that fit's into today's market. It's clear that young people want so much more from the Cream experience. This is evident from the massive success of Creamfields over the last five years, the popularity of Ibiza 2002, and the success of the Cream x10 arena tour this year.

In 2002 we brought investment into the company with the aim of growing the company and now we are perfectly positioned to develop into new forms of events, music and media.

The company is making deeper in-roads into TV with our highly regarded Creamfields shows and Ibiza TV Series.

Cream has also heavily invested into radio with Absolute Radio under a exciting new brand called Jump FM. 2002 has seen the company release more records than previous years and with the investment made our activities will continue to grow into 2003. Alongside this our international events business produced over 400 events this year and a further 4 Cream fields festivals means that Cream continues to be a forefront of global youth culture.”

Cream Facts.

400 Club events worldwide.
Four Creamfields Events Worldwide.
Record Business in UK, North America and Australia.
Partner in Jump FM.
TV Production Company.
Trading for nearly 10 years.
Brought in major investment to grow the Group and expand the brand into Music and Media.
Cream has sold more albums in the first 6 months of this year as it did in the whole of last year.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing?

Do you prefer to have a fewer, bigger event-type nights out, or do you prefer a regular weekly clubbing session and think this is just a money-motivated move to charge clubbers more money?

I go out clubbing maybe once a month, so it's nice to have a big event-feel to the evening with some major names. However, in Belfast it's different because we don't have the same big club selection and guest DJs from the mainland are big events.

I'm going to Creamfields this year, finally getting to a dance festival event! Anyone else going? Any tips for a first-timer?
    I think its rather piss poor!!

I love clubbing and there arent many places taht play top DJ's with great dance music. The majority of club's in my area are your wee shitty 60's&70's music.......BORING!!

I know I dont stay anywhere near liverpool to go to Cream all the time, but I would have loved it if I could. I would agree in saying that these kind of clubs are only in it for the money, but whos not?!

If all clubs follow this, then I myself would be gutted, I love clubbing every weekend, its what the weekends are made for.

Oh well guess all good things come to an end :(
    To be honest i prefer clubbin every week, but i wanna give a couple big events a year a bash and these things usually cost £100+

Weekly clubbin is cheaper and u dont have to wait for a month - 2 months for the next festival to cum round, u cant just pop down to ur local.

But it must be said the superclubs are being hit harder, there are many small clubs (tribal session for example) that are doin excellently
    Gutted... only word for it!

This is one amazing club. But Liverpool has had a boom in bars and they are more popular due to free entry etc.

The only clubs in liverpool doing anything at the moment are Club 051 and Garlands (garlands being rebuilt due to fire).

Still have Cream Feilds to look forward too !! :):)