Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are boys and girls only good friends because 1 day they want to pull?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yo,
Sum1 once told me that maybe girls and boys were only good friends because they fancied each other, but not in a strong enough way to notice. And I was thinking about it and it mite be true. If ya think about about some of the people you are close to of the opposite sex, you are best friends with the ones who are fittist or have the best personality etc.... And this means we are all very shallow and stuff, scarey........ so does anyone have really close friends who they wud not eva go out with? And do you think the theroy is true? :-s

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive had plenty of male friends who i would never consider going out with and vice versa, and i have also had male friends with whom it was not quite so innocent. there is no reason why men and women cant be just platonic friends, it depends on the people involved.
    Um, yo.
    Yeah, I have male friends who I would never go out with. I can appreciate that they are attractive without necessarily wanting to be involved in 'that way.'
    I suppose the theory could be true for some people, maybe. But no, not for all.
    I'm friendly with some women because they are nice, but unattractive. The other female friends who are attractive, I'm friendly with on the off-chance they decide to shag me, including several lesbians (and I have slept with one of them too... :D )!
    I've got female friends who I'd never consider going out with purely because we are such good friends.

I don't think it would be a proper friendship, in my eyes at least, if I had an alterior motive.
    I don't think the theory is true.

Ive got female friends who, quite frankly, I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
    I've also got female friends who are fit but whom I only really think of as friends.
    And then there are the not-quite-so-innocent friendships where u h8 when they talk about their boyfriends and just wished they wanted you as much as you want them.

Want a new theory? Does anyone find that they're not as close to friends of the opposite sex whom they fancy as they are to the ones they don't?

I very rarely become REALLY close friends with a bird I like, partly cos I don't want them to find out and risk ruining the friendship.

Wot do u guys think about that?
    Originally posted by Talyn

Ive got female friends who, quite frankly, I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Yep, one night out I pulled a not particularly nice looking girl (I was extremely drunk at the time) and the morning after I got a nasty surprise. But she's now one of my closest friends.

Does anyone find that they're not as close to friends of the opposite sex whom they fancy as they are to the ones they don't?

Hmmm, not sure. Probably the most attractive female friend I've got is also probably my closest. I'm hoping she's got some other rather nice looking friends she hasn't yet told me about :D
    Re: Are boys and girls only good friends because 1 day they want to pull?
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    you are best friends with the ones who are fittist or have the best personality etc.... And this means we are all very shallow and stuff

I would agree with the fact that we choose our friends for their personalities but why would you pick a friend because they are fit?! thats the last thing that would enter my head
    My best friend is male and we would never date/hookup. We just wouldn't go well together. We're not each other's type. Just the same with my other male friends.

Does anyone find that they're not as close to friends of the opposite sex whom they fancy as they are to the ones they don't?

yeah, definitely...if I have no feelings for him in that way, then I can be best buddies with them very easily
    I can most definately and assuredly tell you that there is no sexual attraction between myself and my friends of the opposite sex. *giggle* ;)

I don't have that many male friends and, ashamedly, I have pulled one of my closest - t'was a moment of weakness. :o
    for guys on a whole - if the girl is attractive then there is always a hidden agenda
    No idea. When I think about it, almost all my really close female friends (almost all my close friends ARE female, actually) are incredibly attractive, and I'd do most of them if they wanted to. As it is, I think it's their attractiveness that makes me want to talk to them, but I learn fast enough that I can't have my way and they end up being really close friends. So it's all good.