Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 16 and I've just finished my GCSEs. I was just wondering, does anybody know any jobs that involve English (basically writing) and maybe IT or RS? I don't want to get into the news aspect of media and while magazine editing is an option I know it's extremely competative and it's likely that I won't find a job in that field. I've considered teaching but looking at what teachers at my school have to deal with, I don't think it would be for me.

I'm doing A levels in RS, Psychology, English and History and I'd be prepared to go to university but ideally I'd like to have a career in mind when I go.

Any suggestions?
:confused:

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    journalism, librarian, curator...
    Go and see your school / college careers advisor for a million and one suggestions for free!

IT and English - online journalism (not a bad job ;) )

Susie :)
    I may be slightly biased as i would like to be a primary school teacher but there are many positions and places for teachers in English. Basically you can do a degree in English and then a PGCE post graduate certificate of education. Hope that helps. I have not yet gone to uni but whilst looking through information i have found that with teaching you have an almost guaranteed job but with other degrees it relies on the area and time of year etc.

You say you are doing Psychology therefore it would be nice to psychology with teaching that pays quite good (so i have heard)

Hope it helps you could talk to a careers advisor for more info :)

*DEVIL*