Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lambeth police

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
on the 31st july thier 12month experiment of not nicking people for a weed ends and they have declared that on the 31st thier gonna start arresting us all again if you smoke in public.
the law is not only an ass but a mess. different police forces are at loggerheads not just with the government but with eachother over how to police the situation.
when they start nicking people i hope there is a very loud public outcry and some threats and demands made regarding this ridiculous and unworkable situation.
NOW IS THE TIME............

Comments

• Options
    Its a mess. A stupid, confusing mess. We're told that in one borough in London we're allowed to smoke it, for a year, but nowhere else. At the same time, everyone knows that as long as you only have a little bit on you, and you cooperate, the most you're gonna get is a caution. Now they want to down grade it, but up the sentence for dealing, which sends conflicting messages. So they are currently pushing through a bill to make it class C (does anyone know when that is likely to take effect?) yet at the same time they are ending the seemingly successful lamberth experiment.

Why can't they just sort it out?
  • Options
    i think it's time for some direct action to end the mess and confusion. it's time we DEMANDED the right to smoke tulips or anything else we fancy in the privacy of our own homes and elsewhere. come on mr spliffy we want action NOW. WERE ALL GETTING PISSED OFF WITH BEING HASLED.
    we are being attacked fined and imprisoned by a bunch of whisky swilling nicotine addicts.
  • Options
    maybe when large ammounts are found in your area every dope smoker in town should claim a share of it as thiers so the court has to deal with 600 people owning a share in the amount thats been busted....is it possible to organise in such a way...is it practical ?
    come on whspliff if you want votes get some practical and radical stuff happening. it's war ! law abiding citezens are being fucking treated like criminals ENOUGH IS FUCKIN' ENOUGH !
    I have smoked weed for 35yrs..i have friends who have smoked even longer........we havent lost our minds, our ability to reason, our ability to work, to care, to help, to bring up children and granchildren.
    SO WHY ARE THE POWERS THAT BE STILL FUCKING THREATENING ME ?????????
    who can we email everyday ..numerous times a day in our thousands, so they understand what harrassment is. i can send the bastard a 100 a day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    600 people owning a share

That's been suggested as a way forward with cafes, 600 directors all 'JOINLY' responiable:D
  • Options
    .......we havent lost our minds, our ability to reason, our ability to work, to care, to help, to bring up children and granchildren.

...and only minor effect on your ability to form correct sentances... :)

Seriously, i like the idea of shareing responsibilty for these supposed crimes. 600 sounds kinda small though... try factoring it by 10 or so...
  • Options
    The idea of forcing the police to bust you has been tried loads of times in the US, it doesnt have a great record for working there.
    The police just wont arrest you but the next day they will go back to the same old policy.
    As for getting a few hundred people to be the directors of a cafe, again a nice idea in theory but in UK law the company is a seperate intity to the directors, it would be the managers who would be made accountable.
    Having hundreds of managers wouldnt work either because they would just charge the one actualy selling the stuff. Unless you could get 200 people selling together I think your up against it.