Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Something wrong with my nose piercing!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people, ok I got my nose pierced like 3 weeks ago or something and it was fine damnit until now it like get this like blister thing? i dont think it is a blister but thats what it looks like (so you know - therefore not that appealing), just looks like a little ball thingfor godsake...i know i'm not being very descriptive but i dont know what else to say :( It goes after like a week, but then just comes back! It's STRESSING me out! *Any* idea what the hell is wrong with it? I don't think it's infected it doesnt puss or anything and doesn't hurt etc. and i've been putting salt water and iodide on it still... uh help :) pleaase or just your opinions SOMETHING!
Cheers
xxxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya

I got my nose pierced two years ago, and a mate got hers done at the same time. Mine was fine, but hers also got something which sounds like what your describing. She just kept on cleaning it and it seemed to go down, but kept coming back again every now and then. Try not to keep touching it, as I think this is what caused it, if you keep touching it then its getting dirt into the open flesh, so try not to fiddle too much and keep it clean, but dont clean it too much else this will irritate it too. It should go down but if not then you really should get it checked if it gets really bad.
    Oh great thanks! At least I know I'm like not the only so yeah thanks, i'll keep cleaning it and if it doesnt go away i'll go back to the guy who did it and DEMAND and explanation ;) By the way...do you know if she still gets it? Or when it stopped appearing?
    Cheers
    xxxxxx
    She still got it for about two months, but it wasnt as bad as it was at first. Shes let it close over now though, but she didnt get it for ages so I dont think it will last that long, so long as its not infected. I think its at its worst when its freshly done, youve only had it three weeks was it? So its just getting used to the open flesh I suppose, but I still think you should go back to where you got it done if it gets any worse.
    This could be anything from an infection to an allergy, to scar tissue such as keloid. If it gets any worse, go to the doctor.
    K, thanks guys, it's going down now, but it'll probably come back and when it does i'll probably go to the doctors i guess :P
    Thanks
    xxx