Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tori Amos

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
a very much underrated artist IMHO, Little Earthquakes is an amazing album and all her other work is great too.

</fawning praise>

Agree? If not, whos your fav band/singer?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never heard their album. My favourite singer would be shakira. She ain't a bad singer or she ain't to bad looking!! :p:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by madinthenut
    Never heard their album. My favourite singer would be shakira. She ain't a bad singer or she ain't to bad looking!! :p:p

Well you should!

Oh, and I dont think theres many whod kick Shakira outta bed for farting;)
  • Options
    Re: Tori Amos
    Originally posted by Kermit
    a very much underrated artist IMHO, Little Earthquakes is an amazing album and all her other work is great too.

Ooh, I absolutely agree. I only have Under The Pink, but I've downloaded most of the tracks from Little Earthquakes & Boys For Pele, and they're all quite something :). She's very talented, methinks.
  • Options
    I must admit I've only downloaded her songs, yet what I've heard I like.
    Her version of 'Smells like teen spirit' is also beautiful.
    She's very talented, methinks.
    Without a doubt. :)
  • Options
    I don't think she is underrrated, she has a huge following. She is very talented though, and does amazing work for RAINN.
  • Options
    But Tori Amos Isn't underrated - she was huge a few years ago and has always had a large amount of credibility.

You'll be telling us Joni Mitchell is underrated soon
  • Options
    Re: Re: Tori Amos
    Originally posted by Forsythia

Ooh, I absolutely agree. I only have Under The Pink, but I've downloaded most of the tracks from Little Earthquakes & Boys For Pele, and they're all quite something :). She's very talented, methinks.

very true!!
  • Options
    Shakira cant sing to save her life....or dance....the only thing she does is shake her booty in everyones faces...hmmm...actually thats probably enough for you innit! :p
  • Options
    I also think Tori Amos is fantastic. Her songs are really beautiful and I especially like 'These Precious Things' - it helped me through a very difficult episode in my life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    Shakira cant sing to save her life....or dance....the only thing she does is shake her booty in everyones faces...hmmm...actually thats probably enough for you innit! :p
    Im female and i think she is a great singer. Most are jealous i know i am :D

I love both of her songs although the album is in a foreign language :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    although the album is in a foreign language :(

Could that be because she comes from South America, therefore she speaks SPANISH?
  • Options
    I think it depends on age range TBH, all I ever see on this place, for example, is fawning praise about how good fucking NELLY or the Child Rapist Crew are. BUt on LiveJournal at least people have heard of anyone who started before The Beginning Of Music (c)Mark and Lard) in 1998.

A lot of people havent heard her stuff, and I think that makes her underrated. Same with Joni Mitchell and Ani DiFranco.
  • Options
    I love Tori Amos! She has awesome music - I have all of her albums which I love to death. I think she's really talented and I'm really shocked sometimes to hear that nobody has heard of her on the Trouble.co.uk Noticeboards, or around my neighbourhood. At last, some people that know who she is!

This makes me oh-so happy, guys!!<3
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sabbie
    At last, some people that know who she is!

This makes me oh-so happy, guys!!<3

Me too!!!!
  • Options
    i haven't heard much by tori amos, but i like the few songs i have heard. as for fav singer....... i can't really pick one, but brody armstrong comes up high on the list