Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CDs you thought would be great but aren't.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I bought BoxCar Racer's debut CD because I've liked Blink-182 since way back in the day of Dude Ranch. Anyway, I also thought 'I feel so' was alright. (why I am defending my actions I don't know!) So anyway, I bought their CD and it is the worst thing I have ever heard in my life from a rock band (see, I didn't rule out pop being worse, lol!)

Also, I remember buying A's Hi-Fi Serious and wanting to cry because it was piss poor compared to their earlier releases.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The last S Club album wasn't good, I thought it would grow on me, but I dont like it at all. I usually quite like them :(

I bought a garage compilation album last year, to try something different but I couldn't hear a word of it because they sing far too fast.
  • Options
    I remember getting Republicas album and it was awful, so was International Velvet IMO.
  • Options
    The Strokes - Is this it (my thoughts exactly)
    Its not awful....it's just a bit bland really. I can't listen to it for too long it starts to grate on me. Some of it is catchy, it just doesn't go anywhere.

Incubus - Morning View.
    I wanted to like it, I really did. I loved s.c.i.e.n.c.e. and Make Yourself grew on me, but I just can't get into this one at all. His pseudo intellectualism kinda pisses me off too...they don't seem like songs, more 'oh so meaningful' ramblings over music.

I'm sure there are loads more, if I don't like a cd it usually ends up wedged between the wall and my desk or something. I daren't look, I may cry at the sheer amount of crap in my cd collection.
  • Options
    American Hi-Fi - American Hi-Fi it was just soooo boring
    Papa Roach - infest there is a couple of good teacks but then the rest are really lacking.
  • Options
    Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler i listend to it once then let my sister have it
  • Options
    Got a few

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler (boring)
    The Strokes - Is this it (title says it all)
    Skirtbox - Crouching Squirrel,Hidden Beaver (great title boring album)
    Garath Gates and Will Young(nuff said!)
    MTV Unplugged (boring)
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    I remember getting Republicas album and it was awful

Me too! I ended up giving it away. Shocking!

I also got radiohead's Kid A. What were they thinking?! I feel their heads were shoved too far up their arses to even consider writing something with a tune. I loved Radiohead's earlier stuff. I know bands change...but really! (Needless to say, I didnt buy Amnesiac!)

I wasnt very impressed with Blur's album (cant remember the name)...the one with Tender, Song 2 and Coffee and TV on. I thought it would be ace because I loved the first albums...but no. Disappointing.
  • Options
    um thats not the best of album is it?
  • Options
    lol, no it's not. I have The Best Of and it's wicked. Oh I just remembered!!! It's called 13!!! (the shocking one)
  • Options

Garath Gates and Will Young(nuff said!)

:confused: Puzzled as to why you would buy Sum 41 and Gareth & Will!!
    American Hi-Fi - American Hi-Fi it was just soooo boring

:eek: :eek: They're so cool! They're one of my fave bands, well they became so after I saw them live, I do admit their album was a tad boring towards the end!!!

Don't like the singles (well maybe the Beastie Boy sounding one) but really enjoyed their albums, especially Half Hour of Power.

Each to their own though, I wasn't slating anyone's opinions, just adding my own!
  • Options
    My friend bought Heathen Chemistry by Oasis the other day for £13 from HMV and played it once through and said it was utter crap, other than two songs that were on the radio.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    I also got radiohead's Kid A. What were they thinking?! I feel their heads were shoved too far up their arses to even consider writing something with a tune. I loved Radiohead's earlier stuff. I know bands change...but really! (Needless to say, I didnt buy Amnesiac!)

Ditto, to all that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa

I wasnt very impressed with Blur's album (cant remember the name)...the one with Tender, Song 2 and Coffee and TV on. I thought it would be ace because I loved the first albums...but no. Disappointing.

Tender and Coffee and TV were on 13. That was not a good album. I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen.
  • Options
    I have to disagree with a lot of them, I liked hifi serious, all killer no filler, infest and a couple more.

Answering the question, I think anthology by alien ant farm was pretty crap, and expected that to be brill.

Used to think the same about Echo Park by Feeder, but I hadn't listened to it properly, listened to it a few times after months of not, and it really grew on me. Feeder are now one of my fave bands, and I'm going to see them live in August at the Reading Festival. Yay! :)
  • Options
    Re: CDs you thought would be great but aren't.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I bought BoxCar Racer's debut CD because I've liked Blink-182 since way back in the day of Dude Ranch.

Me too. It is nice to see someone whose like goes back that far.
  • Options
    I got Alien Ant Farms album the other wk and I dont like it much really. Theres a couple of good songs like Movies but thats bout it really. Dunno where the cd is now, probably gathering dust at the end of my bed.
  • Options
    I was kinda dissapointed with Lost Prophets album. Their music is awesome but when they start singing I just go right off them. Kobrakai is awesome at the start until they sing.

Like Deftones I hate Chino's voice!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Broken Heart
    Like Deftones I hate Chino's voice!

Me too!