Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rio demands transfer...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story

*looking forward to seeing Rio in a MUFC shirt next season*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Rio has a meeting with the Leeds Chairman (Risdale?) tomorrow morning but it looks pretty certain he's gonna leave for somewhere between £30/35 million.

We'll let you have Rio. Bastards. Mellberg and Alpay will do the business again next year. And Juan Pablo's staying. And the new kit is quality. And we're rumoured to be signing Kilbane :rolleyes:. And Vassel, Hitzlsperger, Crouch and Barry will do the business :D
  • Options
    Ridsdale and company did reject his request but i'm sure player power (and his agents tongue) will prevail... He'll certainly be playing at the top stage in football if he goes to united (not too sure about him and Blanc though... I think after this season a new central defender will have to be found)

Plus after shelling out 30 or 35 million I think you'll be bidding old juan or someone else farewell to boost your spending kitty
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan_London
    (not too sure about him and Blanc though... I think after this season a new central defender will have to be found)

Blanc signed a one a year contract in June/July. He'll retire and go into coaching or something or head back to the lower leagues in France *shudder*
  • Options
    So he did, on top money aswell :D

Ridsdale is reluctant to get rid of Rio but knows that he can't stand in his way if he really wants out (top team & 70k per week would tempt anyone)! I'm sure untied have a shortlist of defenders if you don't get him but like Blanc if you persist you'll receive in the end.

I think the signing of Blanc was a mistake though, especially to begin with :D Rio certainly wouldn't be a mistake, judging by his performances for leeds & england!
  • Options
    *sulks in the corner*

YOU CANT HAVE HIM I TELL YOU :(:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan_London
    I'm sure United have a shortlist of defenders if you don't get him...

Thing is United will be more bothered about signing him before the transfer deadline for the Champions League, when they have to register players to be eligible to play. They'll want to sign whoever they get before this deadline (which I think is in August sometime :conmfused: )
  • Options
    As Ferdinand said ''noone refuses united... Manchester that is''

August 31st is the deadline, so there's still a while to go, it looks like Nesta will be leaving for Inter so you won't nab him
  • Options
    Forget Laurent Blanc. Fergie will use Brown and Ferdinand in the middle - it the future for England too..

Note: Ferdinand refuses to go on Leeds pre-season tour claiming mental anguish (or something like that).
  • Options
    If Blanc is earning 50 grand a week from united I think he'll get a good run!

But yes, Brown and rio would be a pretty good partnership and would no doubt improve both of them as players
  • Options
    Consider the scene. A shop in Leeds, heavily in debt, it has announced that all stock is for sale - at the right price.

A man walks in. A dour Scot, his cheeks reddened through years spent in the open air, approaches the man behind the counter. He removes the chewing gum from his mouth, and speaks

"I'd like a defender please. Preferably a young one that isn't French and one who isn't going to write a book telling everyone what an arse I can be"

"Certainly," says the man behing the counter "we have one of those. Our last shop manager left because we were considering selling him - although we told everyone that he just wasn't performing. Let me show you this line in our product range"

He takes the Scot to the rack , an pulls out a youngish looking model. "This is our Rio Ferdinand range" he says.

"Oh yes, " says the Scot "I looked at one of these about 18 months ago but felt that the price was a little high. Still I need to get something which is likely to last longer than the crappy French version I settled for last time. I'll take it"

"Certainly Sir", says the shopkeeper "That'll be £30m and we'll throw in the Title"

~~~~~~~~~

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm a little chuffed at today's developments... :D
  • Options
    There is no doubting his class, but 30 million :eek: thats a vast amount of cash for a defender, I wouldn't be too disheartened if I were a Leeds fan.
  • Options
    Good business on their front!

If someones heart isn't with the club (or his agents for that matter) than if you can get rid then do so... Same goes for Lee Bowyer, yes he's a good player but he seems to want out and carries 'baggage'... Rough bastard, i'm glad Houllier pulled out of the deal!
  • Options
    I would like to see Rio go to man united but I think it will never happen. But 30million :eek: :eek: shit thats alot of money for a defender like said above. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    There is no doubting his class, but 30 million :eek: thats a vast amount of cash for a defender, I wouldn't be too disheartened if I were a Leeds fan.

As Giggs said this week, Rio is one of a few players who could strengthen this United side. When you consider that reaching the Champion League Final will earn them £30m alone (that takes into account the rounds up to and including the final), you have to think that maybe this isn't such a high price. Remember Rio will be around for a few years (unless he gets a better offer ;) ) so his fee will be returned through the income generated.

What was the reason that United failed to win anything last year - anyone bet against it being their defence?
  • Options
    By the way MoK, I see you have finally rented out your avatar. How much are Man U paying you? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    By the way MoK, I see you have finally rented out your avatar. How much are Man U paying you? :D

:D

More than Milton Keynes offered...

Sorry, I mean Wimbledon ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

As Giggs said this week, Rio is one of a few players who could strengthen this United side. When you consider that reaching the Champion League Final will earn them £30m alone (that takes into account the rounds up to and including the final), you have to think that maybe this isn't such a high price. Remember Rio will be around for a few years (unless he gets a better offer ;) ) so his fee will be returned through the income generated.

What was the reason that United failed to win anything last year - anyone bet against it being their defence?

Yeah, its good buisness for you as well, but its all these Leeds fans wandering around spitting blood, they needn't, its good for both parties. However it isn't quite so good for the rest of the premiership, Liverpool have made a couple of good signings, Arsenal must be getting a touch worried.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    However it isn't quite so good for the rest of the premiership, Liverpool have made a couple of good signings, Arsenal must be getting a touch worried.

I know. Part of me wants another one horse race (with United the leaders, natch), but I do enjoy the rivalry that a close contest brings...
  • Options
    :( words cant describe it :D

they may as well buy the title while they are there :rolleyes:

handed to them on a plate lets just hope he does the same as he did at leeds mess up and make sure they dont get into the champions legue after all in the time he was there they didnt qualify did they!