Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are your opinions on...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah, i think they should be able to use insemination. maybe ordering over the internet isnt the best method. i think everyone is entitled to be a parent. WHOA. I take that back. Some people in my family shouldn't be parents. bunch of shitheads who shouldnt be let near a child if you ask me.

but anyway, i see it the same as a woman who happens to be a lesbian adopting a child...i dont think theres anything wrong with that. so whats the difference if she is the birthmother and has a partner?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    All adults are responsible for all children!

And, while a 'normal' family setting has historically been found to be best I would have to say that any 'family' arrangement is to be preferred over an oprhanage or similar group home effort!
    :cool:

My god, i find i agree with Diesel on something......will wonders never cease?

as far as the whole nature thing goes, well homosexuality exists in nature, and homosexual parents exist as well. The most obvious example i remember is where some female albatross "pair off" wih each other [even with lots of males around] , and like the straight coup[les do so for life. the family bit comes when they find amale, get fertilised and then go off with their partner again.....with AID in humans you just don't have the sex part really!

basically, just because the majority do something doesn't immediately make something else "wrong", it is up to what society considers about personal freedoms and their limits, and the right to choose how to bring up your child [[apart from extreme examples] is pretty fundamental.

however i would still argue that people should really adopt first, rather than use AID/IVF; sexuality isn't an issue with me there.

Bulldog: and really, do any parents "teach" kids about dating - that's what [secondary|high] school is for!! [no, i don't mean formal lessons, i mean the whole experimentation side of things, finding boudaries, that sort of thing]

right, to sort of end up on topic as it were, is it the whole sperm-through-post [make sure the envelope is water proof eh? :)] bit, or the fct that it is aimed at lesbian couples? i get the feeling that people here seem to be against it, if they are against it, for the latter reason. 2 loving parents are better than none, surely?
  • Options
    Re: What are your opinions on...
    Originally posted by Nellyluva2
    Lesbians being able to order sperm over the internet.
    Personally I hate the idea, doesn't seem right, maybe its just me?
    What do you all think?
    we'll became like a machine........
  • Options
    Originally posted by nosferatu1000

Bulldog: and really, do any parents "teach" kids about dating - that's what [secondary|high] school is for!! [no, i don't mean formal lessons, i mean the whole experimentation side of things, finding boudaries, that sort of thing]

That was just an example. Its the whole sum of their experience that im talking about. Its simply common sense that says a man will have a different set of life experiences than a woman therefore a man and a woman add up to a wider range of experiences that can be passed down to the kid.
  • Options
    but then you cna argue that as individuals we all have a different set of life experiences, therefore 2 parents will always, erm, donate more experience than one.

who can say that those experiences will be relevant though? if you aremaking tht decision just based on gender then perhaps there are shortcomings there

ah wel, back to the grindstone...
  • Options
    Originally posted by nosferatu1000
    but then you cna argue that as individuals we all have a different set of life experiences, therefore 2 parents will always, erm, donate more experience than one.

Thats correct. But two women are more likely to have had similar experiences than a man and a woman.
    who can say that those experiences will be relevant though?

Who can say that they wont?