Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite twists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, well I hope most of you guess what this is about.

Which has to be your all time favourite twist in a movie.

Personally I would like to nominate the movie

"The Usual Suspects"

Giv's some thoughts
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Favourite twists
    Originally posted by unclebobert
    "The Usual Suspects"

Agreed, also Sixth Sense...
    Am I the only person who guessed the right guy in the Usual Suspects in the first 10 mins?? It just seemed so obvious to me. *shrugs* Still a good movie.

However, I totally didn't see the twist in Sixth Sense coming at all, it was a total shock. Great, I loved it.

I don't know if it counts as a twist, but I thought the Shawshank Redemption was excellent... I was expecting it to be one of those depressing movies where he ended up dying in the prison, when he escaped, got the Govenor, moved to Mexico and ended up living happily ever after with Morgan Freedman it was brilliant, totally unexpected.
    Damn I was thinking "The Usual Suspects" as I clicked onto this:)

I think “Vanilla Sky” had a great twist, Unless you seen the older version of it you wouldn't have know what happens.

I hear “The Others” has as well, But I’ve not seen it.
    I hear “The Others” has as well, But I’ve not seen it.

Yeah, its very surprising I didnt see it coming. As for the film itself though, its shocking, I didnt really understand it but maybe thats just me cos everyone who I know whos watched it all enjoyed it and knew what was going on, so guess its just me! :rolleyes:

Agree with the sixth sense as well.
    Nobody mentioned Fight Club? That has to have the biggest twist in the history of big twists!
    Don't forget the little 'surprise' revealed during The Crying Game. The whole cinema audience went: "Aaaarrrrgh!!" :o:D
    Jacobs Ladder.

And what was the previous version of "vanilla sky"?

Also it wasn't the WHOLE cinema that went "AAARRRGGHHH" in the crying game, just the half that saw a sex scene coming and already had "semi's"
    Not bad

Yeah,
    living happily ever after with Morgan Freedman

Brilliant pun on the name there...

Fight Club was excellent, it knocked me back...hehehe

Sixth Sense was ruined by Turtle, who happened to tell me what the ending was shortly before I saw it, o it was quite disapointed.

How about Heist? or Score? they had clever endings.

but I have to say that fight club was such a twist, that one could say it is like a rather twisty curly wurly tied up in some twisted rope tangled around a very twisty propeller that is spinning very quickly...Oh, god now I'm dizzy!!
    I hate it when people destroy the twist in the movie for me!! I got told what the twist was in The Sixth Sense before watching it. I was one pissed off little bitch. But I enjoyed it nevertheless.

I prefer movies with a twist actually, they're my faves. The Others was a good one, I really liked that, and I didn't see it coming because I'm a dumbass when it comes to these things.

But there are exceptions, such as Vanilla Sky... that was one weird movie, and I didn't get any of it whatsoever. And I don't like movies I don't get! It makes me really angry. Like Spiderman, Why didn't he just shag her?? Ugh, he is such a dumbass, that really pissed me off too. Sorry to those who haven't watched it yet... (it isn't worth is though).
    Fight Club had a great twist.

I was in the cinema when my mate said really loudly 'didn't you know....' and gave away the ending. Everyone heard him and several people asked for him to be removed from the cinema!
    Well, I was gonna say Fight Club, but thats been done already! :D One of my mates told me the ending of The Sixth Sense too. :rolleyes:
    The end of Entrapment was pretty good too.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Don't forget the little 'surprise' revealed during The Crying Game. The whole cinema audience went: "Aaaarrrrgh!!" :o:D

hahahaha, no way

Thats was nasty:p
    Me again

Did anyone see the movie "Exit Wounds"? With Steven Seagal and DMX(btw, his name is Damian...sory, thought that was funny :p ) well the twist in that was severely disappointing. I couldn't believe that a scriptwriter could make a story so unbelievably predictable...:mad: grrr!!:mad: