Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gcse It

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
did anyone happen to have their GCSE IT exam today and find it was totally and utterly impossible? well i did! how the hell am i supposed to know how a barcode turns into a price at the cashpoint???!!!???
:confused:
if any one else did it, did any one find it really hard? also, did anyone else, besides me, think that history paper 2 was really hard also especially if you did britain and germany questions!
love, missx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I did GCSE business studies there was a question about something that wasn't on the syllabus and I simply wrote 'not on syllabus' and they discounted the question!!

I know this doesn't help you! Sorry. i hope you find your other exams a little better.
    Re: Gcse It
    Originally posted by miss behavin
    did anyone happen to have their GCSE IT exam today and find it was totally and utterly impossible? well i did! how the hell am i supposed to know how a barcode turns into a price at the cashpoint???!!!???
    :confused:
    if any one else did it, did any one find it really hard? also, did anyone else, besides me, think that history paper 2 was really hard also especially if you did britain and germany questions!
    love, missx

lmao, if you'd listened in your lessons they would have taught that bit to you, or at least hoped you had some common sense.
    However, here's the answer:
    Every store has a massive database of products. Each product is given a number, and each number corresponds to a line thickness on a bar code. 1 might be a really thin line and 9 will be a thicker one. A laser in the bar code scanner reads these lines, a small computer converts the lines back into numbers and they are compared against the database. You might notice that all products have a number beneath the barcode, this is for when the barcode reader isnt working and the cashier has to manually input the number.
    I remember the same question was on my GCSE paper when I did it 4 years ago, and it was one of the easier questions on the paper. But I did the advanced paper so my hard questions involved things about BIOS, hardware and viruses.
    Sounds like u must have done paper 2, the long answer one cause paper 1 i did on friday and it was piss. But yeah ive seen past paper 2's and it does look quite hard. Any way i got my last Exam (IT paper 2) on tuesday so i got some time to revise at least. Also wat exam board r u doin for IT?
    Re: Re: Gcse It
    Originally posted by Whowhere

lmao, if you'd listened in your lessons they would have taught that bit to you, or at least hoped you had some common sense.

lessons?? wat lessons? we got no help AT ALL. all we got is a booklet 18 pages thick and about 3 pages of that was on the exam. we did IT as part of business, it wasn't actaully a GCSE option hense why i think i failed!!
    and we did EDEXCEL-the most awful exam board ne way, i was doomed from the start i tells u!
    love, missx
    Did you do short course or full course I.T? At our school we did short course, and I found it quite easy. All of the questions asked were on the syllabus and i could answer them ok. About the history paper, we did medicine through time and the american west, so I don't really know about the britain and germany bit.
    it was one of the easier questions on the paper. But I did the advanced paper so my hard questions involved things about BIOS, hardware and viruses.[

well, how very comforting. well done you: you must be very proud of yourself...
    Yeah, you're right, that IT exam was a bitch. We did work in the classroom concerning that sort of stuff right at the beginning of year 10, 95% of the two years I studied GCSE IT we spent doing coursework. I wouldn't worry about it too much, coursework is 60% so if you did okay on that you should get a C or above. Good luck!