Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

weight worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im 13 and i am really overweight. tommorow im gonna start a healthy eating and excercise plan but does anyone have any ideas about weight loss thats not dangerous.
luv lou

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya, I remember when I needed to lose a bit of weight, I carried on eating the same things, but I just had smaller portions, that way I didn't notice major changes in my diet so I wouldn't be tempted to eat other things!

Also, I found that i.e if you want a cheese sandwich, I found if you grate the cheese, it gives the appearance that there is more there so in effect you end up using less, so using a grater when eating helps.

You said you are 13 - be careful, you are still growing so try not to cut things out i.e milk or dairy because you will need the essential amino acids (just an example ;)) and BMI is really intended for people who have stopped growing i.e 18 or over.

If you really think your weight is a real problem, I would see your doctor before making these changes to your lifestyle.
    I know that bmi is for over 18`s but obviously that person who put those things on about bmi needs to check heir information
    luv lou
    thanks gb
    luv lou
    Good luck with losing weight but I wouldn't worry about it too much at your age. I know that is easier said than done though. The best thing to do really is just to stick to a healthy sensible diet rather than concentrating on losing weight because otherwise you may not get all the vitamins and nutrients that you need.

As for the BMI table .... it's one of my pet hates. I have a major paranoia about my weight and size and that blasted table certainly doesn't help matters at all.

xxx
    im not on my high horse though.
    i dont see why you should say that when ita not actually true.
    i dont wanna fall out with you alright so lets just leave it there.
    its over and done with so lets move on.
    luv lou