Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Repeat of rodney King?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They held the trial of the officers in a police officers neighbourhood..Thats how they reached that verdict. That court was biased toward them, but a court in the place where Rodney was beaten would have been very biased against them. Im not up on US law as to where courts can be moved to so im not sure why it couldnt have been held elsewhere.

Another point is that there was a black kid murdered by an asian guy a few weeks before the Rodney king thing. He was also aquitted.
    I’m not sure if we are talking about the same incident, are you talking about the one where there was a Black person in an Asian owned shop? If so, it was two females.

The shopkeeper was being robbed quite a bit so when the teen or pre-teen came in, she was already antsy.

The girl walked into the store, indiscreetly placed a product in her bag with part of it hanging out, and walked up to the cashier to pay for it. The cashier started going crazy about the thing in her bag and starts arguing and grabs the girl, the girl then punches her. Angry about all of the commotion, the girl takes whatever it was out of her bag and puts it on the counter, I think the cashier then flung it off the counter in all of her rage. The girl goes to walk out of the store leaving the money and whatever it was she was going to buy behind and the shopkeeper shots her from behind.

People were fumed about how the girl was shot and when the woman got off with a couple of hours of community service, that only through flames into the fire.

I think that the woman was very wrong to shoot her, however, those kinds of shops get robbed all of the time in certain neighborhoods. Especially after being punched, regardless of whether it was instigated or not, I could kind she why she may have been let off. They probably pleaded that all the past incidents were building up inside of her and she snapped.

I don’t know what was her actual defense.

Regardless, I find that incident more disturbing than Rodney King.
    Balddog,

How can you possibly justify what this copper did?

;):p:D