Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Armed Clowns Run Amok in London!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Armed Clown Gang Has Last Laugh

LONDON (Reuters) - Police in the northern city of Manchester appealed for information on Tuesday after a gang of clowns mounted an armed raid on a wine bar.

Three men in fancy dress handcuffed a manager and threatened him with a sawn-off shotgun and a knife before escaping with what was described as "a small amount of money."

Police were not amused. "This was a highly organized team, who had obviously spent some time planning this robbery," Detective Inspector Darren Shenton said in a statement.

The gang made off in a van with police in pursuit, and managed to escape despite being involved in three accidents on the way.

Police said witnesses could not have failed to notice the robbers.

"There is no doubt that anyone walking along the road at the time the robbers were heading into or out of the building would have spotted them, especially as they were dressed as clowns," the statement said.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Errrr.... You do know that London and Manchester are hundreds of miles apart, right? :confused:
    Would appear the Reuters posted from London, concerning an event in Manchester... ;)
    Of course, such a thing could never happen in the crime free US of A :rolleyes:

Don't you get bored of these pointless posts?
    Actually we have had clown robberies! I find the thought quite amusing.
    Originally posted by Thanatos...AGAIN
    Would appear the Reuters posted from London, concerning an event in Manchester... ;)

That being where their offices are, I guess. 'Tis best not to confuse the location of transmission with a location specified in the transmission -- tends to lead to lots of dead radio operators when calling in airstrikes from the ground, ja? :D
    The thought occurs to me...

...when will the Brits outlaw clowns? in the interest of "public safety"?

'Tis but a small price to pay, you know.

Besides, "it's for the children..." ;)
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Don't you get bored of these pointless posts?

The point being... it could NEVAH happen in Britain, because - don't you know - guns are illegal. ;)

The point being... it could NEVAH happen in Britain, because - don't you know - guns are illegal. ;)

Where has anyone ever claimed that banning guns will stop 100% of all gun-related crime?

Your posts really are fucking pathetic.
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

Where has anyone ever claimed that banning guns will stop 100% of all gun-related crime?

Now, that would be like shooting the house dog because the fox got into the hen house, wouldn't it?

Oh... I forgot. That is comparable to banning citizens from gun ownership because the criminals might use a gun. Hmmm...

Ready to neuter all male babies at birth so that they cannot use their "weapon" irresponsibly?

Oops! I forgot! You volunteered, right?

Now, that would be like shooting the house dog because the fox got into the hen house, wouldn't it?

Oh... I forgot. That is comparable to banning citizens from gun ownership because the criminals might use a gun. Hmmm...

Ready to neuter all male babies at birth so that they cannot use their "weapon" irresponsibly?

Oops! I forgot! You volunteered, right?

How rare that you post evidence for my arguments. We almost always disagree.

We almost always disagree.

In that, I am in the vast majority of those who post in this politico forum...

Surprising, isn't it? ;)

In that, I am in the vast majority of those who post in this politico forum...

Surprising, isn't it? ;)

:confused:

I suppose if you consider all the other gun nuts, then there are a sizable number of people who always disagree with me, but amongst everyone else sometime's there's agreement, sometimes there isn't. It's about being tolerant of other people's views, which seems to be something you have problems with.

The question is though, why should I care if everyone disagrees with me? Should I just turn and march along with the majority, making me one of your famous sheeple?

I come here for sensible debate, and I find it amongst most of the posters. You, and your gun loving (and that could be literal...has anyone else ever considered how far their passion for guns might go?) fraternity, are simply tedious, mildly annoying asides.

The question is though, why should I care if everyone disagrees with me? Should I just turn and march along with the majority, making me one of your famous sheeple?

Poor little vox... frown_2.gif

The operative issue being that even them who frequently disagree with me, mostly disagree with you. There should be a lesson in there, somewhere, should you care to look. ;)

Even MoK and I agree more often than we disagree; can you say that? And it has nothing to do with the issue of firearms... it has to do with perception of reality.

Need a hankie? frown_2.gif

The operative issue being that even them who frequently disagree with me, mostly disagree with you. There should be a lesson in there, somewhere, should you care to look. ;)

Even MoK and I agree more often than we disagree; can you say that? And it has nothing to do with the issue of firearms... it has to do with perception of reality.

Need a hankie? frown_2.gif

What an aptitude for self-delusion you have. :rolleyes:

What an aptitude for self-delusion you have. :rolleyes:

Look in the mirror, boy.

What have you done with your life?

And that makes who deluded?

Look in the mirror, boy.

What have you done with your life?

And that makes who deluded?

LOL! :D

I'm 17, my life is just starting, and I'm doing a lot with it, FYI.

You're the old man who clings to guns to compensate for his massive insecurities, lives in a paranoid little world and hangs on to his pathetic involvement in war as a claim to glory.

Look at your life. You spend your time on forums such as this one, arguing with 17 year-olds! I mean...could you be any more sad?

And you have the nerve to say I'm deluded? LMFAO!

Thank you, though. That post was funnier than many of the supposed "humour" ones in Anything Goes. :p
    You're the old man who clings to guns to compensate for his massive insecurities, lives in a paranoid little world and hangs on to his pathetic involvement in war as a claim to glory.

OY! :mad: Old man he may be, but let's see how you look in your fifties (making a rough guess here based on VN service in early 20's c. 1970 ;)) after a life even half as tough. Massive insecurities? Care to point to even one of those? Paranoid little world? More like healthy suspicion of anyone in a position of power -- an acceptance of the old dictum that "all power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Pathetic involvement? As much involvement as an infantryman gets. What would be a non-pathetic contribution? General Thanatos, C-in-C? Claim to glory? More like earned respect!
    Look at your life. You spend your time on forums such as this one, arguing with 17 year-olds! I mean...could you be any more sad?

Spends part of his time here -- you have no idea how he whiles away his time, whether this is his life or just a minor hobby. And wy should it be ignoble to engage teenagers in debate, conversation or other form of discourse? They not worthy of the company of their elders?

I happen to know some of the reasons Thanatos posts here -- and they're not for me to divulge unless he gives me the say-so -- and the last thing they are is 'sad.'

What does that make your posts? :rolleyes:

Actually... my service to my country - more than 30 years ago - was but a small part of the life I have led. However... most lives can be judged upon the basis of short moments - for some a single moment - which defines who they are. Had one of those moments, yet? ;)
    What happened before that service is likely beyond the scope of your experience. What happened after, certainly is beyond your comprehension. Particulars? Them whom I respect, have a clue. Them I do not respect, include you: and you are clueless :rolleyes: And so shall you remain, by your own ignoble arrogance.

Why do I suffer 17 year old children as you? In the hope that someday you might grow up. Some hopes, however, appear to be futile.
    Originally posted by MacKenZie

More like earned respect!

That I have the respect of those whose opinion has a value to me, is enough for me. Those whose opinions do not matter? Do not matter. Guess that is a sign of my "insecurity", right? ;)
    Originally posted by MacKenZie

I happen to know some of the reasons Thanatos posts here -- and they're not for me to divulge unless he gives me the say-so -- and the last thing they are is 'sad.'

What say we keep them guessing and speculating? Is ever so much more enjoyable, what? :DEspecially when you have been entrusted with the truth... ;)
    "Truth," I've had a cup of that!

:cool:

I know, but so are your comebacks. :p
    I'm 17, my life is just starting,

Which goes to explain your idealistic view of the world...

Actually, he only mentions his service when discussing military issues. It allows us to judge what he is saying, that it comes from a position of experience rather than just being conjecture.

As for clinging to guns to compensate for insecurity, don't make me laugh. One word I would never use about Thanatos is insecure.

and you would do well to read what he says, because it comes from experience. Life isn't learned about from books you know. If only it was that easy. There are hard lessons which cannot be taught in a classroom.

Isn't it the responsibility of the elders of a population to educate the youngers?
    Originally posted by Mac:
    More like earned respect!

Fucking A!

Thanatos and I disagree on many aspects of life, but even I have respect for him.
    Originally posted by Thanatos:
    What say we keep them guessing and speculating? Is ever so much more enjoyable, what? Especially when you have been entrusted with the truth...

So its true then. The US has designated this place as a "clear and present danger". Well I guess it was only a matter of time.
    Talking about Armed Clowns running around London (or Manchester really ;) ), don't you have the same thing in the US.

Only over there, they call themselves The FBI

:D
    Back to the gun control thing... Without wanting to argue...

With our current gun control an armed robbery stall makes the news, clowns or not.

Added to that, there is little point in allow guns while we have our restrictive laws for self defense. If we keep those laws and allow guns then the prisons will fill up with people who defended themselves.

I'm just highlighting another problem with a change to the law....

And Vox, thats not the way to win an arguement.
    Talking about Armed Clowns running around London (or Manchester really ;) ), don't you have the same thing in the US.

Good one! :D

Actually, we call them the BATF...
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Actually, we call them the BATF...

Can depend upon the officers to get the steel on the target... ;)