Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Explore your emotions through journaling

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
edited February 20 in Health & Wellbeing
Naming the emotions we're feeling can be hard sometimes and we wanted to create a thread (a bit like the 'I need a hug thread'), inspired by an article written by one of our volunteers Sharvari, to help you identify how you're feeling and what you might need.

Why is understanding our emotions important?
Our emotions can be powerful and sometimes they might feel like a burden but each of our emotions are all really important. Sharvari describes them as 'messengers' as they are like our internal compass, helping us to figure out how a situation makes us feel. This then helps us make decisions about what we might need and want to help us cope with them and move past any difficult feelings we may be experiencing.

Follow the guidance we've written below to help you share how you're feeling. A friendly reminder to take a read of our community guidelines for guidance on how to post safely :)

Step 1:
Take a look at the emotion feeling wheel in the spoiler below. Find an emotion to describe how you're feeling.
h5506nuqmtbc.png

Step 2:
Copy and paste the sentence below and use the emotion you found in the emotion feeling wheel to complete the sentence. Have a think about what would help you or what you feel you need right now.

I feel… [insert emotion from the feeling wheel]
Something that helped me before was....
To help me today, I need...

We hope you find this thread helpful <3
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    I feel drained from school days, and I need help on managing these school days with my hobbies
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I feel mind blown because all the new stuff I learnt on work placement this week and I do think i need a good catch up on rest
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,108 Wise Owl
    edited October 2023
    I feel disapointed n I need to be nicer and more patient with myself (will never happen though)
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Madleyn wrote: »
    hug 2 u amy <3@Amy22

Hugging you back too tysm! <3<3<3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    i feel tired from all the uni work i've done this week - i need a good rest to be honest

Sending hugs to you all as well <3
  • Options
    exeetexeet Posts: 1 Just got here
    I feel dismayed about my dumb life. I should be kinder to myself
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 939 Part of The Mix Family
    I just feel so confused because my parents told me I'm going to be the death of them. I'm not even exaggerating
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone, we're tweaked this thread slightly to condense the information and add a few more prompts to help you explore your emotions and what might help you. The updated prompts are in the initial thread, and we'll share them below too. We hope you you find this thread helpful :)

I feel… [insert emotion from the feeling wheel]
    Something that helped me before was....
    To help me today, I need...
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤