Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,809 Extreme Poster
    Hey all, just wanted to drop by and say that you're all doing your best. Take each day as it comes, and you're more than welcome to use this forum to express how you feel :)

We're here to support you and listen to you, rain or shine! And we're grateful to have you as part of our community <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to all those who need them :heart:

We are here for you all and care about you all :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,876 Extreme Poster
    "the only treatment is breathing exercises" or so the fucking nhs tell me

@IainJammyboy come on its not that hard to breathe. Breathing cures you of all health problems, make you the happiest person ever, and even keeps all the demons away! I'm kidding obviously, these exercises dont help me at all, personally. All they end up doing is stressing me out even more. So I know the pain. When someone starts to tell me to do breathing exercises I just want to scream "I KNOW THAT ALREADY" lol
    Believe in me - who believes is you
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,667 Master Poster
    If the teachers can go on strike, so can I. I refuse to be treated the way I`m being treated in my Health and Social Care class. It`s not just my classmates. It`s the teacher.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • RiverRiver Community Champion Posts: 826 Part of The Mix Family
    Had a panic attack in the middle of Manchester and teacher had to come and help me
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,667 Master Poster
    "the only treatment is breathing exercises" or so the fucking nhs tell me

One of my teachers seems to just say "Stay in the moment." Unfortunately, mental health isn`t always understood and people don`t get how to help.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 843 Part of The Mix Family
    OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I'm actually pretty sure it's adhd, makes sense especially around all these suicide attempts and that stuff. Although NHS is gonna discharge me because I'm refusing antidepressants and online group "therapy" which is just a zoom call of a bunch of people watching some stupid YouTube video by the nhs
    Can't put pressure on my foot
  • IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 843 Part of The Mix Family
    @JJLemon18 at least it keeps us alive lmao
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,876 Extreme Poster
    @IainJammyboy fair point. Its the least it can do. I'm actually tempted to say this the next time someone asks me if I've been doing breathing excercises "yes ma'am I have tried breathing. Its pretty good actually, kept me alive so far. Would recommend" but I know I ain't brave enough lol
    Believe in me - who believes is you
    So many flashbacks, can't cope, suicidal :bawling: I need it stop
    In so much pain :s
  • GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 475 Listening Ear
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Why is it so hard just to live? I opened up to my school about it and she made me promise I wouldn't research ways to end my life and that I wouldn't hurt myself in that way and then councelling today she made me promise I wouldn't kill myself. If anything it's making it harder to stay but then there's the guilt and worry of what if I do break the promises. Things are so hard
    I'm safe

Hey @Chloe234 - thank you for opening up to us here. I can really hear how much you're going through with these thoughts <3 We're really proud of you for opening up to your school about it as I know that was something you were nervous to do. This can't have been an easy conversation to share these scary thoughts you've been having.

You mention that if anything, opening up and hearing their responses is making things harder. We're here if you'd like to share more about those feelings.

How are you finding the support from your school and counselling? Are you receiving any support outside of that?

Some helplines and webchat options you might find helpful trying are Childline, Kooth, Crisis Messenger, Papyrus or our helpline service at The Mix. You can also call your local NHS urgent mental health helpline too <3

You're doing really well Chloe, we're all here for you :)
  • GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 475 Listening Ear
    River wrote: »
    So many flashbacks, can't cope, suicidal :bawling: I need it stop
    River wrote: »
    In so much pain :s

Hey @River, I noticed you mentioned you injured your ankle yesterday and can't put pressure on your foot, is that where the pain is coming from? Sounds like a sore one! Remember to get it check out if you're worried about it <3.

I'm also hearing that things have been difficult for you lately too. Would you like to share more about those flashbacks you're experiencing? Remember you can create a dedicated thread to exploring some of that if it would be helpful. We're all here for you and really care about you.

Can you also let us know if you're feeling safe at the moment? <3

You've got this :)
    @Gemma yes but no also other bad pain. No no can't say about them here, can't really cant :s mhm but not want to be safe :/
This discussion has been closed.